Taylorsville ???

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by wowsafari, May 20, 2008.

1. wowsafari

wowsafari New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've been thinking about trying out T-ville this weekend. Are there any good bank fishing spots around. I've also thought about renting a fishing boat if anyone can give me some info on where to do it. I don't have a boat and me and 1 or 2 fishing buddies are itching to get out of town. Any info would be great. Anyone going and have any extra room on the boat, let me know. I'll split the expenses. wowsafari@yahoo.com Thanks, Larry

2. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Van Buren boat dock has produced for me for bank fishing. And try settlers trace boat ramp for the rentals I believe.

3. wowsafari

wowsafari New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks, John. Are you catching anything up that way right now. I'm thinking about riding up that way Thursday or Friday. Any baits that are producing? I'd like to catch some blues.

4. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Havent fished it lately but I have some friends who fished this morning with Skipjack and they did quite well.

5. dkshep502

dkshep502 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Larry I fish van burren ofteni have a cast netand get shad at van burren. so for not done well there but it should be pickingup now will try this evening (sun) and post how i did. any quest ask me. bank fishing there it great at times its full of nice blues 5lb range and some bigger fish.

don
    dkshep502 @ yahoo.com

ps where you coming from?

6. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    never fished this area before. im coming from louisville, gonna fish there in the morning. i have a cast net. gonna be fishin from the bank. hopefully have some good results to share tomorrow

7. cubacroc

cubacroc Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I took my nephew and his sons to Taylorsville Lake yesterday. We fished the bank at Settlers Trace from 9PM to 6AM this morning. Eighteen total lines were baited with worms, livers, or bluegill. No bites in 9 hours. The boats that returned to the ramp during the night reported only one or two small channel cats each.
    First shutout in many years.

8. wowsafari

wowsafari New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for all the info. I didn't get to make the trip this time. Too much holiday stuff going on, but I will make the trip sometime in the near future. Don, I live in Lincoln county.

9. soljahd

soljahd New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Any updates on the fishing at Taylorsville will be fishing there this weekend on free fishing weekend.

10. soljahd

soljahd New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Guess no action here