Taylorsville update

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dkshep502, Apr 25, 2008.

1. dkshep502

dkshep502 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    4-24-08
    Well tried on thur. foe catfish at van burren. water level is still up 15 ft. water is pretty clear. Beleave it or not i had to look for two hrs for shad. Found some on my graph and got some but no shad = no catfish. Well better days ahead hope this info helps.

Don

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey glad to hear you got out and enjoyed your self your right there will be better days ahead for fishing, do you all usually go up do you usually have luck catching some shad, im going down there hopefully soon, another bait that you could try catch some fish on is chicken breast soaked in garlic powder, and shrimp is another good catfish bait to use. Keep us posted on your trips and let us know how the fishing is going.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    At least you was able to get out there! Maybe you will have better luck next time. Don't forget to keep several types of bait on hand. Who knows what they will want.

4. wowsafari

wowsafari New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    A friend of mine told me that his dad and a couple of his buddies went to T-Ville over the weekend and set some trotlines. He said they came out of there with a boat load of nice cats. Anybody else do any trots at T-ville or elsewhere?

5. dkshep502

dkshep502 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    lots of people set t-lines at t-vill, i will this year starting soon. i'll let you know how it goes.

don

6. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Lake is still up but at the taliwaters they are letting out water finally...Hope that the latest rain will not raise the water even more than they already are at this time...Here are a couple of Pics that i took at Van Buern Ramp and Possium Ridge last weekend.... The people in the water are some of the runners that were in the "Run For Life" walk a thon that was going on there and they were cooling their feet, LoL...It was quite a turnout for the event and lots to do at the anaual Gord Festival at Taylorsville Ky.

Attached Files: