Taylorsville? Trotline with bluegill

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by slippedcork, Apr 3, 2009.

1. slippedcork

slippedcork New Member

State:
    Marion Co Kentucky
    Anyone ever trotline Taylorsville? I am planning on going there sometime this month and I plan on using live bluegill and cut shad. I know there are alot of blues in there but what about flatheads? Thanks Kenny

2. jogle1023

jogle1023 New Member

State:
    Shepherdsville
    I wish I could help you out but I have caught alot of channels there but I have never caught one flat outta there. Good luck with it and please keep us posted on where and if you caught any.....

3. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yea they've been stocking that lake with tons of blues but Ive never caught one nor heard of anybody catching one out there. Ive caught tons of channels though. And im pretty sure their arent any flat heads in that lake

4. slippedcork

slippedcork New Member

State:
    Marion Co Kentucky
    Ill be sure to let you guys know how I do. :wink:

5. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    :0a28:Of course there are flatheads in the lake. The main water source of this lake is the salt river. There numbers are not nearly as high as the channels and blues. The Kentucky Department Of Fish And Wildlife stocking program have been stocking those blues for a few years now. This lake is producing nice blues and in a few more years it will be monster blues being hauled out of her. The lake is very very fertile meaning lots and lots of food sources for the food chain. Fish the flats for those flatheads at night is a good way to tangle with one. Use live bait.... "bigggg" bait will up your chances. A flathead has no problem with a 1/2 pound bluegill or say a 6" or bigger shad even a 1 lb carp. It has to be lively though. Early in the spring try about a dozen nightcrawlers on your setup... "thats right a dozen" that badboy wants a meal. Don't thread them on just hook them one time about middle ways and let them squirm freely. Good luck and lets us know on here. :006:

6. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I agree !!!!!!!!!!!!! The Salt is what created Taylorsville and the Salt has many good sized Flats. And I have personally hauled Blues out of here also. I cant wait till we can pull trophy's out on a regular basis.

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    If your eater fishing you might try jugging for blues . From what I have heard closer to the dam would be a place to try for them . The whites should be making a run up the salt if you wanna try for them . Hope this helps .

8. slippedcork

slippedcork New Member

State:
    Marion Co Kentucky
    Im looking for a big one, preferabbly a flathead but a big blue will do.:wink:

9. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Later on this summer if you head up river into the salt you will see limb lines galore. Im sure trout lines also will be set up and down this part of the lake. Wish i lived close to that lake i would'nt mind helping you set those trout lines.

10. slippedcork

slippedcork New Member

State:
    Marion Co Kentucky
    I am going into the upper part of the lake toward the salt and set in 15 fow. The map I have shows water beyond where I am going as pretty shallow. You are welcome aboard my boat anytime you want haggy.:wink:

11. jogle1023

jogle1023 New Member

State:
    Shepherdsville
    Let me know when your going up to there and I will meet you up there. If you want we can take my boat out.

12. slippedcork

slippedcork New Member

State:
    Marion Co Kentucky
    I will surley let you know when I am going. Planned on going easter weekend but that got cancelled. Hopefully in a couple weeks if nothing happens.