Taylorsville Lake

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by iluvcatfishin, Jul 12, 2008.

1. iluvcatfishin

iluvcatfishin New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    My wife and I fished Taylorsville this evening. Decided to bank fish rather that take the boat out. We fished at the Van Buren boat ramp on the left side where the old road used to be. Only got one bite. Shad were all over the place. Seeing all those shad I thought we might land a few. We tried everything. Chick liver, nightcrawler, shiners and shad. I even tried some catfish soap bait just to see what would happen. The only bite I got was on a shiner. No one was catching fish. I thought the big shower we got today might help but it didnt.

Anyone else having any luck at Taylorsville Lake?

2. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have been waiting on a report from there. Does not sound good as of now but she will pick up. It's seems to be all over a slow or no show bite just have to wait it out.

3. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I think the fish have caught onto us and aren't biting!!

4. villcat

villcat New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I went out to taylorsville lake saturday at around 6am. This report will be helpful for boat fisherman, as for the bank fisherman I am sorry but I dont think this will help too much.

We started fishing with nightcrawlers in the creeks off the main lake in around 12 -15ft of water with slip bobbers set near the bottom. By 10:30 we had caught 9 channels all in the 14-16inch range ( good eatin size ) we decided to do a little crappie fishing. We found them to be suspended off the points from inlets to the main lake in around 20-25ft of water. Caught 6 keepers on minnows tight-lining off the side of the boat. When we got there in the morning when crossing the flat straight out from the main marina we observed 2 seperate groups of hybrids bustin some shad. I talked to a few people, I saw alot trolling with no luck, it seemed the folks with live shad tight-lining were getting the fish. I think we were sticking to the 30 minute rule, if we didnt get a bite within 30 minutes in the inlet we were in, we moved to another. Water Clarity was about 1-1.5 ft slight greenish brownish hue. Temps I observed were around 78 ( dont know how accurate my depthfinder is ).

Hope this helps anyone headed that way, good luck.......

5. iluvcatfishin

iluvcatfishin New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like I need to get my boat out.

6. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good news for thats the place my freezer likes to get her fish from.

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good fish fry fish

8. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've never fished at Taylorsville Lake, but I'd like to go there sometime with a fishing buddy.