taylorsville lake

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Steve Douglas, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    went to taylorsville lake on 1-12-08 on a whim to do a little crappie fishin, to find the lake up and muddy and on a fast drop. i went to some of my go to spots but not much action, i did however have 6 bites and caught 3 fish . i hadnt been there for 3 years but my spots havent changed. i beleive once the lake stabilizes the crappie bite will be on. fished the large standing cedars , and caught fish in seven ft and 12 ft of water on the points of the bays the fish were spotty and spread out, we did try some hard woods but the fish i caught were only in the cedars. and we had to fish alot of trees to get the bites we got .. water temp was 46 degrees. im gonna give it a good week and try it again ,ive been wantin a good mess of crappie. when the water is stable im usually good for a double limmit of keeper crappie so i was a bit dissapointed with the high water. dammm rain

2. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    So the Lake is up finally after all that hotttttt weather we had in the summer...It's a blessing to get the rain after all that drought we had last summer don't ya think friend...I remember Van Buern, oh man it was alful up there...I even took some short clips of how i could see land where water usually was and how the drought was afecting fishing up there, wont forget that soon...Please let us all know if you have some luck on your crappie fishing there, ok...Good luck friend from a Taylorsville fisherman, Shan

3. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    yea paul about the best thing that day was those bbq pulled pork samiches at the store on top the hill lol

4. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Has anyone tried fishing for the blues at Taylorsville this time of year?

5. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    i havnt fished for catfish over thewre for about 3 years but im sure the blues would bite ,mite have to wait for the lake to stabilize thowould bite

6. Corndawg

Corndawg New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have had better luck in the tail waters this time of the year. Cats, and stripes...

7. Wichita

Wichita New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    CornDawg, how do you fish them tailwaters for cats, meaning what type of bait and rigging?