Taylorsville Lake?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by CatCannon23, Jun 8, 2009.

1. CatCannon23

CatCannon23 New Member

State:
    kenutcky
    went to taylorsville last night, caught a nice flathead around 20 lbs on a jug, but was there to primarily to crappie fish, the jugs were just something i thought id try. the moon was full, which i dont know it affected the fish on this particular night, but i didnt get hardly any bites on jugs or my crappie pole. does anyone know particular spots at taylorsville that are good for catfish during the summer time, or any1 ever have any luck with the crappie?

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Someone will help you out and welcome to the boc . Channels are probably spawning on the bank in rocks .I don't know when the blues spawn . That may account for lack of bites on jugs .Congrats on the flathead .

3. flying cheeto

flying cheeto New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yea good luck to ya man, i was on vacation last week and spent 8+ hours every day on that lake and never caught anything good. i have tried every bait i can think of and went to every spot i could on that lake.

guess it might just be that i suck at fishing :wink:

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    You can't catch em from the couch guys ! In time it will pick up just keep with it .Last year was a really tough year for me and this year has been a little better .Summer ain't over neither is the spawn .

5. CatCannon23

CatCannon23 New Member

State:
    kenutcky
    i had a guy tell me that the best way to catch um was to use a cast net and use live shad...he said he spent roughly 6 hours on the lake and caught over 30 blues. he had a pitcure on his phone to prove it. this was 3 days ago.

6. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Match the hatch --- is always the best and in most of the big lakes on this side of the state taylorsville, rough , and nolin lake (I say those because those are the only ones I know) are all hevely shad populated. witch is number one food choise/sorce for cats and stripes and larger mouth bass. not saying thats all they eat but it is primary. best fishing is matching the hatch and if not use the next best avalable to you to match as close to hatch as you can. if you stick with that your catch rate will incress but you will also have to learn presntation of your bait as well. but the right bait is the best/great start. good luck and tight lines

7. flying cheeto

flying cheeto New Member

State:
    kentucky
    went to the chawning lane boat launch last night and the fish gods must have been smiling on me.

it was raining buckets but i did manage to catch a 8-9 pound flathead (first real fish ive caught in taylorsville lake)

chicken livers did the job and hopefully tonight will be even better with no rain so i can get some pics to post up

8. CatCannon23

CatCannon23 New Member

State:
    kenutcky
    i am headed out to taylorsville early sunday morning around 1 am till sunrise sunday morning...let me know if you had any luck fri night since the rain has stoped.

9. Adam&Shannyn

Adam&Shannyn New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    been there 3 or 4 times now. first trip i fished about 2 hours and caught 2 channels bout 2 pounds. My girlfriend fished for about 5 minutes just b4 we left and caught a 6 pounder. we were catching these close to the bank and oddly caught them on bobbers and beemoths(wax worms). Obviously we were fishing for bluegill, but we will take it. lol. Been back a couple times and still use wax worms and have caught 2 or 3 channels each time. all around 1 to 2 pounds. Havent tried at night, just couple hours here and there. No bites on cutbait or livers. Was told this lake is horrible but we have had fun. cant wait to get the boat going to see more of the lake.

10. CatCannon23

CatCannon23 New Member

State:
    kenutcky
    i went out this morning fish sunrise and midmorning caught sum blues and bass on nightcrawlers. was woundering if any1 had any suggestions on whether to use live or dead blue gill for bait or if dead to use heads or the tails? i am using kahle hooks #2 and #4 but aint to sure whether to hook them by the tail or the the lips?

11. KyRiverCats

KyRiverCats New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We went to Taylorsville Tuesday. Fished about 4 hours and got 15 cats, all channels on the rocks.

12. Adam&Shannyn

Adam&Shannyn New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    nice catch. how big were they and what did u catch them on, if you don't mind saying.

13. CatCannon23

CatCannon23 New Member

State:
    kenutcky
    where abouts do u fish at taylorsville and how deep of water? if u dont mind me asking

14. Adam&Shannyn

Adam&Shannyn New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've only fished this lake 4 or 5 times. Caught catfish everytime on bobber and wax worms. Keep in mind we were bluegill fishing, so we were usually only 2 to 3 feet deep. I haven't went to actually catfish yet, but I'm going to. I've fished near the boat ramp on Park Rd every time. Havent tried anywhere else. If that helps, let me know if you need better directions. Should be able to google map it or google earth it. Good luck if you are going.

15. CatCannon23

CatCannon23 New Member

State:
    kenutcky
    i am thinking about taken the boat out to taylorsville tonight....has any1 had any luck out there? and have all catfish spawd or no should i fish the coves or deep/ shallow water

16. CatCannon23

CatCannon23 New Member

State:
    kenutcky
    i had a good night on taylorsville last night, got there right before dark, cast net my shad and nded up catching 10 blues and 6 channels. the biggest blue was 18 lbs and the channel 6 lb. i also caught a few keeper crappie on live minnows.

17. Adam&Shannyn

Adam&Shannyn New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Catcannon,
    Nice catch. How did u end up fishing. As in how deep, and did u catch all the cats on shad or what? I havent made it out there at night yet, I'm ready too now tho. Sounded like you had a good trip. Thanks

18. CatCannon23

CatCannon23 New Member

State:
    kenutcky
    i caught them all of dead shad i caught in the throw net. i caught them all in a deek creek channel that feeds the main lake about 18 foot of water caught them at about 4 ft deep and near stick ups around 20 feet from bank

19. flying cheeto

flying cheeto New Member

State:
    kentucky
    anyone going tonight?

ill be at the chawning lane launch hope i dont get too wet :big_smile:

20. Adam&Shannyn

Adam&Shannyn New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'll probably be going out there Friday if I can get there early enough. Boat's still broke so I'll be banking it. Sucks. But I've done ok. This will be my first trip without the kids. Might actually catfish this time instead of bluegill fishing. Good luck tonight though.