Taylorsville Lake Info

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by river1214rat, Mar 28, 2008.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    My fishing buddy and I were talking today about going to T-ville Lake and trying it out since the Ohio wants to stay up. It has been many years since I have fished there, at least 100! Any info would be great. I have read it is a good catfish lake. Thanks so much......
    Linda

2. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    One of the States top Lakes year after year for Cats.You may not catch many Monsters but you will catch many many Eaters. The lake has lots of Shad but here you can use almost anything. The lake may have changed a little since it's been a 100 years or so since you were there. LOL. Get a Lake Map and head up there to any Boat Ramp head to the Creeks off the main lake they are many on this one and fish the Stickups. Might catch a few good Crappie here also.The only hangup about this lake is it always seems to be windy on her. Last time i went i was going to Bluegill Fish but got to tearing up those Cats on Red Worms useing a Bobber right on the shore fishing about 2' deep. I was where the Salt River runs in. The Van Buren ramp is where i put in. You can bank fish around here also if you prefer. I know i caught around 50 or more just got catching and throughing them back so fast i lost count. Would make one fine place to take kids fishing.So head on up there and have yourself some fun. Im installing a 12 volt electric anchor system , a different fish finder, a rod holder system with night lights for the Ohio River or i would head up that way myself. Game Warden City so have all the goodies you and your boat needs.LOL:008:

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Never been there but good luck on your trip when you go hope you catch a bunch

4. rodbender

rodbender New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I fish Taylorsville a lot in the spring and summer, and have caught lots of blues and channels there. Most are in the 2 to 5 pound range, but I have caught several blues in the 10 to 12 pound range. I have talked to guys there who say they have caught some big flatheads, but I have never seen any of them. I have hung fish there that have broken 20 lb. line. Tons of shad there, so bait shouldn't be a problem if you use a cast net. Good luck and let us know how you do.

5. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good to hear ya goin to T-ville Lake and give it a try...T-ville is my home Lake and put it above all the others that i fish and the cats are some of the best fishing i know of there...Lots of channels there along with blues and flatheads...My girlfriend and iare planning a trip to Green River Lake resv. as soon as the weather breaks and then back to T-ville for a week this spring for some Crappies and Cats...I want to wish you luck and if you ever need any info. on T-ville stop here cause we try to keep the reports coming in asap for everyone...Good luck and good fishing...:big_smile:

6. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. Just had surgery on my knee, hopefully another week or 2, I can get out there.
    Linda

7. dkshep502

dkshep502 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hay Linda thats my home lake. Go to van burren ramp shad are everywere and you can get them from the bank or boat. Now the bad news there is a samll dock at van burren but i was there last wed. the dock is MIA. might be under water lake is up 10 ft.

Its a great place to fish when the weather calms down. I lounch at van burren and go out to the boyes, its about 8ft deep normally and i catch all i want. most of the time. if you need dir. or other help feel free to PM me. Good luck

Don