Taylorsville Lake - flatheads where?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kingdawes, Aug 7, 2007.

1. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Is anybody doing any good at taylorsville lake this year. I'm looking for a biggin

2. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    :sad2: Sorry to say that with all the heat i have not gotten to Taylorsville Lake yet but as soon as the weather breaks i am out there looking for some cats myself and if i have any luck i will report it to ya here...good luck fishing!!!

3. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    you ain't tell stories about that heat. It's nasty. Gotta go at night.
    I'll looking for those flatties out there soon. Any suggestions on where to go out there

4. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have heard from my nephew who lives at Taylorsville people are catching most flathead cats at vanburen area, look into the channel of the river and go slowly to observe all the largest fish on the bottom on your sonar unit...Usually if i can find more than one in a 30 foot area i will ancor about 30 feet above them and let the current carry the sent to them, usually in about 25 feet of water..Hope this will help ya some..
    :roll_eyes: Shanadoia...

5. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    that does help. can I borrow your boat and sonar? LOL! Yeah I am stuck on the bank for now untill the other bank gets a little better and I can get me a rig. Thanks for the tip though I will have to try that one day. Is there any good bank spots in that area? I have never really fished out there before. So I am totally clueless as to where fishing is usually done on the bank or otherwise. I'm in louisville and usually do night fishing especially in the heat.

6. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yes my friend...If you goto the Vanburen Ramp, one good spot for night fishing is go all the way to the end of the parking lot at the u-turn and out in the point of that area is a great place for cats...Also as you come upon the parking lot and the boat ramp look off to the (left-hand) side...My nephew and i have fished there many times off the bank with high success...Look over the railing and you will see a bank... If you look farther you will see the old road bed still there which follows the river for quite a ways with lots of great places along it to fish from the bank and camp out for the night and still close to the parking lot to use the bathroom...You will surely see where anglers are bankfishing there and most are locals using these spots cause many people from Louisville and lexington and frankfort dont know about it...I hope this will help ya some and maybe sometime we could hook up for a day on the water...Good luck and be safe!

7. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thanks alot for your help I will be trying those spots real soon. Yeah it would be cool to go on the water and learn the ropes before I go out on my own. Thank you again

8. bigfisher4life

bigfisher4life New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i got on here curious as too how u said there where some big flatheads in taylorsville and ur info helped me so much that as soon as i get off here (the computer) im just gunna go ahead and go over there and try ur info out!!! it better not let me down!!!

9. Big-Blue

Big-Blue New Member

State:
    Louisville,KY
    I caught a 35lb flattie there 3-4 yrs ago........

10. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I still haven't made it down there yet but I can't wait. When I go do you think that I should live or cut bait. It will probably be blue gill unless I get a cast net before then. I have never used one so I geuss I will have to do alot of practicing before I go out on the water.