Taylorsville Lake at Van Buren - Good locations?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by drifter000, Nov 12, 2008.

1. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i am thinking about going to taylorsville lake at van buren this weekend. going to take a canoe. never catfished from a boat. where are some good locations there at van buren? when is the best time? day, morn, night? and what kind of bait. any help would be appreciated. hope to be back with some good pics. mabey a big cat can latch on and drag me around the lake on my canoe!!!!lol that would be a sight.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck fishing brother

3. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That is a good spot. Try the feeder creeks and if you have a cast net that lake is full of shad. No bait better in my opinion. If not worms , livers etc... should get you a mess.Good luck.

4. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Van buren is one of my fav.. spots to go for cats and as far as what species, they are all there...As for myself and my wife Linda, we like to goto the old rock quarry area which is located upriver from the V-B dock...Even farther there is the bridge area over Hi 243 that holds fish even though it's probably kinda low with no heavy rains lately but the washed out holes really produced for us many times...Good luck "drifter" and be safe on the water.

5. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    didnt wind up making it to van buren saturday. the rain was bad so i went to the salt river under the 31w bridge and fished there to try to stay out of the rain. didnt work!!lol made a fire and stayed about 3 hours. got a few bites but didnt get any fish. too windy i think. hope to have better luck soon. thanks for all the tips

6. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    by the way, i used cut skipjack, night crawlers and minnows that i picked up at pepper tackle. no luck though. i think the fish were afraid of the rain. they diddnt want to get wet!!:smile2:

7. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I loaned out my Northern Pike to someone who wanted to teach some kids about fishing for men. He told the kids that the Pike had pulled me down the Ohio to the Miss then out to the Gulf, where I was resued by the USCG. WE ALL BUSTED OUT LAUGHING!!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: