Taylorsville Blue cats questions???

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Wichita, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Wichita

Wichita New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Bare with me folks I am new to this....How are you all fishing for blues? I know that you can fish a skipjack off the bottom but are there any other suggestions? Also where can you buy live bait near Settlers Trace?

2. jgoforthh

jgoforthh New Member

State:
    kentucky
    not sure where to buy live bait near there, but if you are after blues the way we catch em out there is the same way we catch channels. get you a throw net (cast net) get you some shad cut the back quarter off hook the head through the eyes and let her go. fish about a foot or two off the bottom. you want to catch shad at least 4 inches long that way when you cut the tail off you still got a good piece of bait. If we catch big shad then sometimes we just cut it up different ways and use about 2 inch peices. and the way you fish it is up to you i like the heads but know some who like the tails but we never had any luck on em whole. hope this helps good luck from harrodsburg. happy fishing.

3. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Jason , what part of the lake do fish for them blues. and do they have any size to them . thanks Darryl

4. jgoforthh

jgoforthh New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The only place I ever fish is Van Buren. wait till about July. Yes i mean July for blues. You will catch chanells too, but thats when weve had the best luck with blues and to my knowledge there is no size limit and if their is its probabbly 12 inches. You have a good chance of seeing a game warden i do all the time. great spots for setting up for the night to the left of the launch. THe last game warden i talked to there told me that that is where they release the blues into the lake too. At winter pool their is not slot of water there. happy fishing.

5. dkshep502

dkshep502 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Shep from Shelbyville here, Richard i to fish Van Buron, shad are everywhere so get a thro net at wal-mart. I fish eveing into the night and have a blast the tow bkues in my pic are the biggest so far (last year) but there are some good ones in there.
    Good luck an go get um:big_smile:

6. dkshep502

dkshep502 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hay Jason Shep here I must have seen you at Taylorsville sence iam there so much you fish from the bank or boat?
    Don

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would like to get down there and fish taylorsville sometime. Genarally if I go to kentucky lake if im going to kentucky.

8. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc:big_smile:

9. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc:wink:

10. mariofish

mariofish New Member