tax time whats you're best rod n reel set up

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Billbo, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Billbo

Billbo New Member

State:
    Andalusia,IL
    whats ur fav combo? I have 2 c3 6500 abu's on ugly sticks and 2 big game 7000 abu's on berkley glowsticks.
    I'm thinking 2 new 6500's not sure on the rods something good for larger chanels to mid size flatyz.
    any help would be great thanks all......

2. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    My favorite out of the 14 i got for catfishing would probley be my ABU GARCIA BRUTE matched up with a PENN 330GTI. I would try a ABU GARCIA WORKHORSE they are great rods, ten year warranty

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    8 Foot Surge Elites topped with Shimano Tekota 600's. With this next order I'll have 5 Tekota 600's, and 2 Tekota 700's. Half of them are the versions with Line Counters so I can control the depths I run my baits when fishing for suspended fish. Its a pretty darn good setup for the Mississippi River in my neck of the woods.

4. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    I have Ambassadeurs on Ugly Stick rods, and I have Ambassadeurs on Cabela's King Kat rods. I like both outfits.

5. okiejc

okiejc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ambassadeurs on Ugly Stick rods.

6. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    well of course that depends on what and wre you are fishing , in my home waters my mh ugly cat and my penn 9 or 10 are my favorites but i could only hope for a channel to go over #20 lbs on average maybe #12 being considerd the catch of the day being far and few in between . and this combo balances and handles quite well to boot .

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    My favor set up is my Abu 6000 and 6500 mounted on Berkely Big Game and Zebco Rhino Rods.

8. Billbo

Billbo New Member

State:
    Andalusia,IL
    thanks guys I' thinkin about some better 6500s and not quite sure on the rods.

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Bill, if you can get to the St. Louis Boat Show today or tomorrow, There are some deals to be had in there.

10. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    7FT 6IN CATMAX MED.HVY ABU 7000 I GOOD STUFF ! :wink:

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    7'6 St. Croix Classic Cat with a Shimano Calcutta 400.

I also love my 2 8'0 UglyCat, one with Abu 6500 TC and the other with a Abu 6500 C3.