Tawakoni new years day

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Jan 1, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Went out this morning to Tawak. Fished for a little while on 1 drift with no bites. Then moved to another spot and in the first 10 minutes or so had 2 in the boat. One 10 to 12(didnt weigh it), then a 31. I will attach the picture. We tied up to a tree so we could be stationery to weigh and take the picture, a big wave came up and put the top of my trolling motor down on a stump and broke it. Just as we seemed to be getting in the fish. Still had fun, but have to fix my trolling motor.

Attached Files:

2. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nice fish. keep up the good work

3. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have never fished for blues before, if i may ask do you use shad for bait?
    Im from central kansas and I river fish for flatheads. I think they are starting to stock wilson lake which is close to home for me. Really nice fish thanks for the pic.

4. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Great job Gary.

5. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    How deep of water do those big blues hang out in... or do they roam from shallow to deep?

6. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    It varies on the time of the year and water temp. Right now we have been catching them from 20 to 36 feet deep, the water temp is right around 50 to 51. In the spring they will go shallow. I dont have a lot of luck catching them in the summer, so I can't answer for then. I like to start fishing for them when the water gets below 60 degrees.

7. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Fixed the trolling motor today, so now I am back in business.