Tawakoni 2/13/09

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Feb 13, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Went to Tawakoni today and got to fish for about 4 hours. Got about 20 small fish and my friend Matt got a 30 pound blue. Pics of the 30 is attached.

Attached Files:

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    gary it looks like the little ones have pushed all those big cats out of that part of the lake :wink:

3. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    mike (radiogod) and i met at tawakini friday morning for a try at some of those big blues there. we were met at the ramp by gary (cathog) at 7 am and he showed us on a lake map where he has had good luck in the past. (thanks gary) we headed for the dam and started fishing at around 7:30. mike hooked a 20 1/2 lber. on our first drift. his new PB for a blue cat. we fished until 1:30 and caught 17 fish but they were all small except for the 20. i want to thank mike for a pleasant day on the water and again thanks gary for all the help you gave us. you are the kind of guy that makes the BOC such a great place. here is the picture of mike and his new PB.

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    well the pics didnt go through---lets try again. dang, still no luck

5. radiogod

radiogod New Member

State:
    Dallas, Texas,
    Thanks for the info Gary...it was a BIG help.I had a great time.

Attached Files:

6. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    thanks mike---i'm computer illiterate :eek:oooh:

7. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Hey guys, anytime. Maybe next time I wont have to work and can go out with you guys, or bring my boat and we can tag team them.

8. kodys'papa

kodys'papa New Member

State:
    texas
    looks like you guys had a good trip

9. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Nice fish. Sounds like a good trip.

10. SouthernCatdaddy

SouthernCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cat hog I noticed the rod holders in the picture of that big cat are those home made?

11. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Yeah Calvin they are made of 1 1/2" PVC. They work really well, but I am upgrading to a rack that I am making in the barn right now with 45 degree driftmasters on it. A lot of people make fun of my pvc rod holders but I have had them hold up to many 50+ pound fish and some wicked snags with the wind blowing hard. The reason I am upgrading is to get the rods up off of the deck, make them easier to access. I have used the pvc ones for the last 2 years and they are as strong as ever. They attatch to the seat pole so I didnt drill any holes in my boat.