Tawakoni 12/29 Big Catfish

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Dec 29, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Well I got off work at 11 am this morning and decided I would go out for a few hours of fishing. Went to one of my favorite places on the lake to fish, I havent been over there in over a month. About 15 minutes into it the rod on the far left went down hard and started bouncing. I reeled down and picked up the rod and instantly knew it was a good fish. I didn't see the fish for 8 or 10 minutes but then it came up briefly beside the boat. It was a beast so I started trying to get the net ready while it was pulling drag. 3 or 4 more minutes later I got it in the net. What a beauty, it weighed 60.4 on my coffey scales. I called everyone I could think of close to the lake to try and get my picture made with it. After many no answers I decided to take some bottom of the boat pics so I could get her back in the lake. I hate bottom of the boat pics because they do the fish no justice. I am going to have to get a new camera with a tripod or something so I can get big fish pics when by myself. Well anyways here are the pics of my 60.4.

Attached Files:

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    that is flipping awesome brotha!!! congrats!!! income tax time is coming up :wink:

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Gary that is one awesome fish!

My year has just been a bit of an average one and none that big. Fish on my friend.

4. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    I guess that you got redeemed for the 3#'er from the other day. Great catch my friend.:tounge_out:

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
  6. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Now that's what I'm talking about! Nice fish.

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Gary ;did you call vern ,or are you waiting to tell him about that fish tonite in chat ?:wink::smile2:

8. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    That is a great catch. I had to use my camara with a timer to take my avatar pic. That is why the fish is sandy. I just set the timer and set it on my chair then pick the fish up real quick. My camara will take 3 pics 1 every 10 sec on timer mode. You could get a camara with a timer and just set it on your console.

9. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Now thats a nice fish Gary. I know the weather can be a little rough in the winter, but catpeople miss out on some real blue cat fishing this time of the year. Keep the post coming. It makes it a lot easier to get out and go when you see snow on the ground.

10. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    What a fat healthy pig that one was. Wide as it was long! LOL Bet ya wished someone was handy for a picture but everyone knows it is wide in between the areas that ya had him in. Yippy Hip Hip Horay for Gary ya should be proud!

11. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Gary ya makin me sicker brother:eek:oooh:

Congrats bro....

They make a tripod that will grip to most anything with wrap around legs... I think radio shack carries them. They will fit any camera with a tripod screw hole in them.

12. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
  13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations my friend, THATS A HAWG :cool2:!!!!!

14. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Nice blue!!!! congrats to the " Tawakoni Kid " if you going to keep this up... you might need to hire a camera man! :tounge_out::wink:

15. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    really nice fish gary----you're glad you have the coffeys now huh.

16. Kenny D

Kenny D New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good job Gary, once again I wasn't there...

17. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Gary, congrats brother. Thats a hog ! Thanks for sharing

18. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Nice one Gary:cool2:

19. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i aint saying nothing.well maybe congrats.

20. trlrman

trlrman New Member

State:
    texas
    dang gary looks good, you gona have to quit workin clay so hard if he'd caught that it would have been new jr. record !! clay make him give you some time off!!! and get out there!