Tawakoni 12/20 what a day

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Dec 20, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    If yall remember back in early October I took a kid that I practically raised out fishing. His name is Paul and he is in the Marine Corps. On that day he set his personal best at 16 pounds. I found out he was home on leave for the holidays so I called him up and asked if he wanted to go fishing today. We got to the lake at about 12:45 and headed to a spot I have been wanting to fish for a couple of weeks. First fish of the day was a 2 pounder. Next fish of the day was a 40 pounder and his new PB. We proceed to catch 6 more fish a 55,50,35,34,10,and a 3 pounder. Needless to say his PB is now 55 pounds. To top it off the last hookup of the day was a triple, a 35,50, and 55 pounder. We decided to call it quits on that great note. Needless to say if he wasn't hooked before, he is now.

Attached Files:

2. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Here are some more pics, one of them is our triple laying in the bottom of the boat with a broken net :eek:oooh:. By the way our total fishing time was right at 2 hours today.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009

3. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Gary, the entire crew of "Jolly Green" salutes you for making a holiday trip special for a fine young man, dedicated to serving his country.

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Gary sounds like you an Paul ,had a trip to remember for a long time to come. With a trip like that today unless you can take Paul back with you ,do you even want to fish anymore this year ,that's going to be hard to beat .Congrads to you an Paul on a great trip ,also tell Paul thanks for serving our country :cool2:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  5. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Thanks guys, today was a blast for sure.

6. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    The smile on his face says it all. Thanks for sharing Gary.

7. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Congrats Paul on your new PB,, a x/mas you will remember!! OK Gary.... the pic's of the fish were great,, but I was more interesed in the back ground!! Trying to see a land point I reconized :wink::tounge_out: And triple I was thinkin triple digit,,, dang!!!! bout had a heart attach here!! :eek:oooh: All that fun in 2 hr's ,, a good day to be fishing congrats.

Oh yeh..... Gary you sure do need a bigger boat,,, the floor was a little cramped there for those fish :tounge_out::smile2:

8. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    What a Christmas story, thanks for warming a bunch of guys hearts, even if they would not admit it in public. :smile2: I have to agree with tiny b, the smile says it all. Thanks from an ole Hoosier.

9. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Gary - thanks for taking that time with a young man!

That just makes me wanna run to Texas! Wish I could right now!

10. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Gary that was great! Thank you for taking one our best fishing, And thank him for his service ,so all of us can enjoy fishing.

11. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I went back and checked my notes on when I took Paul out last time and it was on August 29th, not in October. He called me late last night and it looks like we will be going out again this next weekend. His brother, who is in the Marine Corps also, is supposed to go with us. I hope I can match yesterday, gonna be a tough one to duplicate within 7 days :wink:.

12. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Got all the faith in the world in ya to be able to put them on fish. Hope ya'll have good weather for a big bite.

13. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Nice catch Gary!!!!:big_smile:

14. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i woulda been tickled with the 3 :smile2:

15. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Gary will you please thank both of those young men for their service for me. I know yall will have a great trip.

16. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I am still a little pumped about the triple hookup. That is by far the heaviest triple I have ever boated. Only at Tawakoni:smile2:. We looked like a couple of one legged men in a butt kickin contest for a bit:eek:oooh:. I think I am going to blow the pic of those 3 in the bottom of my boat up and hang it on the wall.... wonder if the wife will go for that :wink:.

17. SouthernCatdaddy

SouthernCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nice fish gary! Im about done hunting so Im about to get back on the water! You've given me some motivation to brave some cold weather on the lake! Thanks

18. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Gary do you have time to raise another. lol

I hope you got Paul to join us here on the BOC....

19. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    and how many of those did you get on that stinkin red reel i gave ya huh lol good job

20. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Actually none of them came on that reel, maybe the luck wore off of it, but I doubt it:smile2:.