Tawakoni 12/19

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Dec 20, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Went out to Tawak for several hours yesterday. A buddy of mine was supposed to come out, but he called and backed out about 7am that morning. Since I was by myself I decided I was going to anchor up on some spots I have been wanting to try. First spot was too shallow and I didn't get a bite. Second spot the wind picked up big and I couldnt keep my anchors locked down. Next spot I found a prime place to tie the front of the boat to a tree and put both anchors out the back. This locked me down good so I got to fish. Right at 30 minutes of sitting there I get my first bite. It ended up being a 42 pound blue. About 20 minutes later another rod goes down, it was a nice fish but ended up wrapping me in a tree and breaking me off. About 10 minutes later another rod goes down, it ended up being a nice 21 pounder. I get that rod rebaited and no sooner get it cast and the line tight and BAM it goes down with a nice 34 pounder. I ended up with only those 3 fish for the day, and one breakoff. Funny thing is, all of the fish I caught were on the same rod. I was fishing 6 rods and at one time had 3 of them casted within 10 feet of the one that was catching them all. Overall slow but fun day. I will post pics as soon as I get them uploaded.

2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    OK ya must have been holding out on us. Great catch, we'll be back, probably after the first of the year.:smile2:

3. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Lonnie I wasn't holding out LOL. The big ones are finally starting to run in packs. Hopefully I can fish for a few months without any little ones :wink:. Hopefully I can start having some 10 fish 350 to 400 pound days soon.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Looking forward to coming back in February. Me and Sam weighed in 5 fish weighing 129 lbs December 12th in our local tournament on Kerr. Thats our best 5 fish stringer to date, looking forward to the chance to smoke that in February :cool2:.

5. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Pics from the 2 biggest yesterday laying in the bottom of the boat.

Attached Files: