Tawakoni 12/13

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Dec 13, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Well the big blue bite at Tawakoni is really starting to get going. I went out today for a few hours of fishing. I ended up with 5 blues from 21 to 35 pounds, and 5 blues from 3 to 17 pounds. I also caught one channel cat that wouldnt even make 12". The only bad thing about today was that I still haven't found the shad yet. I think the 12 degree or so drop in surface temp over the last 2 weeks has really made the shad very unpredictable. Hopefully things with the shad should settle down some in the next few weeks. The big blue bite should just get better and better. If November and early December are any indication, it should be a stellar year.

2. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Gary that sounds like a real good trip. Our water is at 39 surface temp. We fished Friday , our shad were down 15 to 28 feet. Caught plenty of bait , just couldnt find the fish.

3. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Gary, myself and CJ are planning to make it back down there in Feb for the Cabelas tourny. I will look you up and see if you want to go out with us when we prefish. Congrats on a good day of fishing! Our surface temp up here in KS is hard! LOL!

4. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I had a great November here this year, and December has been pretty good so far. January and February are always the best months to get big blues on Tawakoni. If the lake is as full in February as it is right now it will look like a totally different lake to you guys. I probably wont be able to fish the Cabelas tourney again this year, I have the same FFA auction and fish fry to do as last year. I will be able to get out with you guys a little before hand though.

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS