Taw Caw Creek

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CatFishMick, May 11, 2009.

1. CatFishMick

CatFishMick New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Going to Taw Caw Campground for this weekend for some camping, relaxation and hopefully some good fishing. Any tips? We'll be surfing around in a 14' High Tide, so taking the ride to the open water is not an option. Is there good fishing in and around Taw Caw Creek and where about should we head?

Thanks in advance for any info.

2. deese

deese New Member

State:
    sc
    i would head to the mouth of taw caw creek and fish around the island out there. I caught a few there sat. night

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I would drift in the creek on the cutto side and anchor in the shallows at night. I will be staying at Goat Island resort in a few weeks so make sure a report back to us. Good luck.

4. CatFishMick

CatFishMick New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nothing to report lol.....Girls kept us from going out until around 12 and then it was so darn hot that we went back to kept to swim and planned for the evening. Evening rolled around and lightning kept us off the water. So no fishing :sad2: but we had fun enjoying nature. Me and Captmarty plan on going down to Packs soon by ourselves lol.

We're looking for an OLD, I mean POS, OLD pontoon, for CHEAP, to fix up as a project. Any one know of someone who has one needing hauling off? :big_smile:

5. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    If no one has an old pontoon for you...then I would check www.craigslist.com and check your local areas and see what is on there...I have found some pretty good deals on there.

6. SanteeCatHead

SanteeCatHead New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    You might want to check Sumter MArine on Hwy 15 south of Sumter. They have several old pontoons taken in on trade. been sitting there a while so they will probably make a deal.