Taw Caw Creek/Goat Island Bait Info

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rivercatsc, May 22, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

South Caro
    I am carrying 4 kds to santee this weekend to fish in a kids tournamnt and it is out of John C Land landing and I have never put in or launched there and was wondering who sells live bait or does anybody at all close to the landing? I didnt want to have to drive over to LILN8s or randolphs if I could help it cause it will be way out of the way. Thanks.
  2. BrianD

BrianD Member

North Carolina
    This may be exactly what your not looking for, but a couple weeks ago i did exactly the same thing and the run to randolph's is just around the corner. I figured the kids might enjoy the ride anyway. I guess it only takes ten minutes or so if your not dealing with real rough water. Maybe someone else knows of a closer place............brian

3. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

Greensburg, IN
    Yeah unfortunately I think N8s is about the closest place to there. There may be more, but I dont know about them. It really isnt that far away from the the landing there. I would say about 20 minutes tops.
  4. Mechwarrior5

Mechwarrior5 New Member

South Carolina
    Yeah, Lil N8's is the closest place by land. And of course, there's Randolph's by boat. The creek is kind of a deadspot when it comes to buying any kind of bait but worms and the occasional minnows.

But we'll be down on Potato Creek this weekend, James. If you have a spare moment with nothing else to do, swing by the house. We'll be there 'til Monday. But even if I don't see you, have a great day on the lake and teach those young'uns somethin'. :smile2: