Tasty Texas Style Catfish Recipe

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by lawnman61, Feb 6, 2007.

1. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    6 Eggs
    4 teaspoons of your favorite hot sauces
    1/2 cup water
    2 pounds of catfish fillets
    1 cup flour2 teaspoons of salt
    2 teaspoons of paprika
    1 cup medium cornmeal or sometimes I use bisquick
    1-1/2 teaspoons of black pepper
    add cayenne pepper to your taste
    cottonseed oil for frying catfish

Mix eggs, hot sauce and waterfor the egg wash. In a dish, place the fillets in the egg wash and refrigerate for 1 to several hours.
    Combine the cornmeal, flour, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne in another dish. Pour enough cottonseed oil into a cast iron skillet to half way up your fillets. First heat your oil to 300-325 degrees.
    Start dredging your fillets in the dry mixture 1 at a time, be sure to coat both sides thouroughly. place your fillets in the skillet. Fry your fillets about 5 minutes per 1/2 inch of thickness, turning them 1 time only.
    adjust your heat as necessary for deep golden brown crust, check for flakyness of your fish. Serve with Lemon pieces and tartar sauce.

If you like spicy food, this is really great. :0a13:

Hope you like it as much as we do.

2. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    thanks for the recipe. I look forward to tryin it, next time i get to bring home some catfish.

I have a few recipes that i like for catfish, but have not tried coating them with egg first.

cyas
    robert

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Now that sounds good!

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Sounds good to me:smile2:

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Sounds good to me.
    Have you used Rice oil? I have reading up on it. And it does not soak up in food like the other oils. And also shows to last longer then other oils.
    I may give it a try soon.
    Pete

6. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Hi Pete, No I don't use rice oil but the cottonseed oil doesn't absorb in the meat either, thats why I use cottonseed oil and it also doesn't have a bad after tastes either and is very healthy to.

7. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Also keep an eye out for my catfish stink bait recipe real soon. I also will be posting more catfish recipes as well.