Tar River

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by karaep, Feb 12, 2009.

1. karaep

karaep Member

State:
    Greenville, NC
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to know if anyone fishes the Tar river. I fished it a lot last year and only caught small flats and channels.

2. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    I havent fished it any this year but have caught plenty of fish around the Greenville area before. There are some real nice channels in that area. Never caught any flats or blues bigger than 15lb though. The white perch and shad bite should start to pick up soon. Plenty of fat stripers too. We would start catching stripers around December on the Tar. Good luck

3. jimbob3445

jimbob3445 New Member

State:
    New Bern, North Carolina
    Hey i just purchased a new boat and i live in greenville, do you have much look on cats and stripers around port terminal ramp or what is the best area. Maybe we could meet up sometime and you show me some nice areas on the tar around greenville.

4. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    My 13 yr old son caught both of the flats in my avatar from the Tar river, Spring Hope area.

5. karaep

karaep Member

State:
    Greenville, NC
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I live in Winterville and fish the Tar mostly from Old Sparta down to Washington. Nice flats Bryan8552. jimbob3445 pm me and we can get together.