Tar-river? in North Carolina

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Tar_River_kid, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Tar_River_kid

Tar_River_kid New Member

State:
    NC- Nash county
    I was just wondering, anyone fish the TAR- River? I live in Nash County just wondering if there were and BOC members close to me.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    We've got probally 8 members in Johnston county that I know of.

3. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    i fish the tar......used to fish it more than i do now.......most of my time now is spent on the nuese and the dan rivers. but, i have bben to the tar twice this year...shad fishing..........tar has good channels cats in it though i have never caught a blue or a flat head there though i would bet they are they with all the midnight stockers.........used to put my canoe in all the time below tar river res.........mack

4. Strikeking

Strikeking New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have fished the tar river once or twice, im from hertford county

5. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    Mac we need to hook up and hit the dan sometime

6. pirateangler

pirateangler New Member

State:
    North Carolina
  7. skiff_2

skiff_2 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    There may be nice Pirate coeds in season right now. Try trolling a cooler of beer in an innertube behind the boat.

8. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    Any idea what they are bitting on?? If I soak my chicken livers in beer do you think I could double up???

9. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Dunno fitz... Big difference between cats and "Kitties"...LOL !!! I fish the Tar/pamlico here in Washington. No monsters yet but some nice table fare...

BTW: YES th Kitties are in full season at ECU!! But I guess that makes me a dirty old man...LOL

10. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    We live in Franklin Co. maybe 15 minutes from the Tar River. I used to to fish it often about 15-20 years ago, mainly for bream and channel cats. The flatheads have all but taken it over now. The two in our Avatar were caught last July by my 12 year old son (Chris) from the Tar in Nash Co. and I released them alive and well!