Tappan Lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by hunter5858, Jul 24, 2007.

1. hunter5858

hunter5858 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hello i was looking at going to tappan this weekend and was wondering where some of the good spots were to fish.We are going to camp the whole weekend and have a boat so we can go about anywhere on the lake.thanks for your advice also what bait are they bitting on this time of year?

2. hunter5858

hunter5858 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I know you guys dont like to give up your hot spots but i only get to go out 3or 4 times a year with my family and was wanting to show them a good time. so any help will be great thanks.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    first of all welcome bro. being honest i really don't know tappan lake well enough to give you any advice...but, from what i know alot of the lakes are similar in finding area with fish. i mainly flathead fish...look for your edges and sharp dropoffs, deep to shallow water. pay attention to small details such as any visible structure you may see. there isn't alot of structure in some of the areas i fish, but what structure that is there seem to be better spots or hold fish close by. try fishing 3-way bottom rigs with livebait, or float-fishing can be good at times...goodluck and hope someone can give you some more input for your trip...rollo:big_smile:

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Brian,welcome to the B.O.C., best catfishing community on the planet. I would agree with Rollo, talk with some of the locals at the bait shops and pick up what info you can. Tappan along with Clendinin,Piedmont,Salt Fork and Senacaville are really good flathead lakes. Good luck brother

5. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC!

When we camp down there i usually fish from the shore and do very good fishing down by the swim area where the little creek comes out. I would also try down the east end of the lake using cut/live shad. Stop by the Cripple Creek bait shop on rt250 they can point you in the right direction and also have shad for sale if you do not have a throw net.

Best of luck to ya and post how you do we are heading down there in Mid Aug.

6. hunter5858

hunter5858 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks for the addvice.I will try what you guys said. I just need to get out thier and fish more but time is not on my side and it looks like the weather wont be this weekend ethier.