Tappan Lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dzontini, Jun 20, 2007.

1. dzontini

dzontini New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Would Anyone like to share a good spot to bank fish at Tappan lake?

2. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ive always had good luck on the East end of the lake near the end of the lake on the bridge or up that road ( sorry cant remember the name of the road but it takes you to Deersville) a little farther.
    Good Luck!

3. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    fishing any of the bridges around the lake will produce some cats

4. Willywisker

Willywisker New Member

State:
    Orrville Ohio
    There are a lot of good spots to bank fish right on SR 250, it's all about getting there early enough to set up because it seems that most of the good spots are taken if you wait until dark. I've been fishing there 4 out of 7 days for the past 3 weeks and have had a lot of success fishin for cats off the bank. Nothing major to talk about just the average channel cats.
    If you come down SR 250 from the rest area you'll see several places to pull off the road at. Any of those spots have been good, you'll just have to try your luck at one of them. I've been settin up in the "no speed zone" getting there around Noon and staying until around 3am

5. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    that road number is rt. 800 to deersville
    a lot of carp down at that end.
    i was at tapan yesterday and caught 24 channel cats .
    most were 1/2 up to 3 lb.
    a lot of speed boats ski-dos and big waves, and no shortage on stupid people.
    stil had a nice day.
    elwood

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Hearsay has it that there r some nice Johnny Cats in Tappen. I heard some of the guys paddle out from the bank than drop there baits in n paddle back to shore.

Just guessin now but either they know where the stucture is or one of the channels headed out from one of the bridges. A GPS would work great if ya found a spot within 125 yds n had a boat/canoe and bankfished.

:cool2:

7. dzontini

dzontini New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wow, I really didnt think I would have to get there that early. I guess my only other question is what are y'all usin for bait. And does anyone know the hours for the Cripple Creek bait shop? Thanks again everyone.

8. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Cut shad or Blue Gills have worked for me in the past down there.
    You can buy shad at cripple creek and sorry i do not know the hours.

9. hotrod3h

hotrod3h New Member

State:
    WV
    I've also heard there are some really nice flatheads in Tappan. Actually seen some pictures of them and they were indeed nice. Seriously considering a trip there. It's more convient to fish the Ohio River for me but fishing the lake may be more predictable.

10. hunter5858

hunter5858 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Was out friday at the beach area and had no luck thier but didnt fish that long. I guess we did get one little one.

11. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey man! Are you the same DJ that went o IV? I think you were in my sister's class:wink:

Like doughboy said, try the bridges. Fish the Gas line area, and the other larger bridge just up from it.

Word is that a lot of nice cats are being caught in those areas. Find the old road beds, and try to get your bait as close to where the old bridges were. Without being in a boat, they are harder to find, but you will get the idea by following where the old road goes into and out of the lake.......then lining it up with the current bridges. These areas usually hold some nicer fish.