Tappan Lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tcba1987, Oct 2, 2005.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    fished tappan lake last night with my wife renee. we had to fish the handicap dock since im still in the wheelchair. we fished from 6 pm to 9 pm using shrimp and cut shad. we only had 3 decent runs, the whole time we were there. i managed to catch one small channel cat around 13 inches and that was it !!! :crying: what happened to this spectacular fall bite that ive been hearing about ?? i was in a small club tournament, everything turned in was 12-14 inches long, the big fish was only 1 lb 12 oz.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Is there good shore fising at this lake I was hearing of some decent cats pulled out of this lake. Also if I do go where is it and where are the better spots?

3. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know this is an old post, but I may be able to help you a little.

If you are in a boat, I can head you in a general direction :)

4. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sorry I missed your question ryang......there is a lot of shore access at the lake.

It is located in Harrison county on rt 250 between Uhrichsville and Cadiz.

5. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    ryang this is a good lake with alot of shore to fish i like the upper end near the last bridge. when you get out this way let me know and maybe we can go together and slay some kittes

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    When is a good time there doughboy Im figuring sometime March and April and later if I like it alot.

7. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey ryang and doughboy........I am right near Tappan and would also do a trip there if either of you want to go. May/june is real good for channel cats at Tappan and Clendening :cool:

8. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    anytime you want to go ryang or rockbass as long as winter is over with i hate the cold weather

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I hear you on that doughboy I cant stand the cold Im a spring/summer/fall guy. I did go out on Alum 1/2 but didnt catch anything the weather was so nice I had to go out.

10. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Once this weather breaks, we all can hook up and get some cats. What do you all think?

11. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sounds great! We have Tappan, Clendening, Piedmont, Salt Fork, Will's Creek and the Tusc river all relatively close. They are all good cattin spots;)