Tappan lake ohio

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by varmint_sniper, Mar 4, 2009.

1. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Hey yall was wondering if anyone knew when the tourneys started at tappan lake? would like to fish some of them this yr. (didnt get to fish any last yr) and was wondering if i might find someone on hear looking for a fishin partner for a tourney over there? I know some good spots on cledening to fish from the shore but iam open to anywhere someone might wanna go if someone is looking for a partner i grew up in the freeport area so i know clendening lake pretty well ive fished tappan before but not for cats ive seen some good spots on tappan id like to try just allways end up at clendening cuz i know it pretty well is all. I like to fish channels and BIG Flatties we use bluegill and shad when i can catch them used bullheads when i can get them and they do pretty well also. What do yall like to use on clendening or tappan for big channels and flatties? hope to hear from some of ya thax...will

2. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jeff at Neocats runs some tournaments in that area... I'm sure he'll be online soon to answer some of your questions and possibly hook you up...

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Yeah, we have had tournaments at Tappan, Clendening, Piedmont, Atwood, and Salt Fork.

There is also a bait shop west of Tappan that holds a monthly tournament. Not sure of his schedule yet.

Check out our website and let me know if you have any questions.

Here is our 2009 Schedule:

4. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    First tournment at cripple creek bait shop at tappan lake is april 18th just so yall know

5. hhca

hhca New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes i do live near you i live in harrison county not far from scio....we fish alot and maybe one day this year we can hook up and head out to tappan or something You catching any shad around us anywhere

6. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    Hey Kris, are you guys coming to Atwood to kick our hind-ends again this year?

7. Vito the Catman

Vito the Catman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Varmit sniper

My Son and I are planning on fishing Tappan lake this year. Maybe when we head that way you could give us some tips on where to fish.

8. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    lol give ya tips ? met me there ill show ya a few spots and we all can share some stories if ya wanna ? let me know ?

9. hhca

hhca New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well we might try depends if we can find some shad.....haven't caught anything so far this year....how you been justin

10. Vito the Catman

Vito the Catman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds good, We will let you know when we are headed that way.

11. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    I'm good other than not working yet. I found shad at Lake Erie at a power plant discharge. I have caught nothing inland yet the water is still 38 at Spencer.

12. hhca

hhca New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well why dont you save me about a dozen or so

13. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    You will only need like two of them!!! they are like 18 inches and three pounds!!!!!! I could get you guys a few extra.

14. hhca

hhca New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i will hold to keeping us back a few anyhow hows everything else going