TAPPAN LAKE NEW P.B

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by varmint_sniper, Aug 20, 2009.

1. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Went to tappan lake lastnight 7-20-09 with mbill aka matt went to a spot i have been wanting to hit all yr now and finally got my chance wed. night started off slow we didnt get there till 10pm or so and just in time to get set up and have a storm move in on us :angry: Well we stuck it out and iam glade we did @ 4;30am i got my first run of the night had a 4in bullhead on on a slip sinker rig with a 7/0 kahle on ( i know kinda small but so was the bullhead) well he took mabey 10 ft of line and before i could get to the rod and inguage the reels drive i waited to feel his head shake and when he did i swear he shook his head 3ft on each side was amazing to feel his power i set the hook hard and tryed my best to cross his eyes when i did the rod dubbled over :crazy: then he started to come in like i was draging him on the bottom when he got moved mabey 10 ft or so he came to life and i knew it was a good fish he made 3 good runs on me pulling drag and trying to tangle in all the other lines lol well my net man mbill is the best net man in tusc. co if it wasnt for him i would have played h*ll trying to land him THAX AGAIN MATT we got him on the bank and i hade him hooked so well in the corner of the mouth but i couldnt get the hook out so i cut it at the eye of the hook and let him have it .got 3 pic on the cheep disp. camera of him he went 42lbs and 6oz my new lake P.B i was so excited had to start calling and txt ppl at like 4;45am. also ant to thax dave for seting the bar at the may gathering for me to try to beat him i did by almost 2lbs sry dave had to say it ya know ya my buddie just think when ya get 1 bigger then me it will be the other way around lol:smile2: will post pics as soon as i get my disp 35mm camera developed and scan them onto the comp .......sniper

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wil thanks for sharing your fishing trip. Congrats on the new PB.

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to go Will! :cool2: I might just have to start hitt'n that lake. Can you get them from 250?

4. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    nice job. now i want one:wink::smile2:

5. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Way to go Will on your new personal best, and thanks for the story. Cant wait to see the pics.

6. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Congrats on the new PB. Nice fish.

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats Will on the new PB! Awesome fishing time no doult!

8. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice job, Will!! Pays to stick it out, don't it?

9. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Great Job Will and congrats on the PB!

10. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Will congrats on the new PB. Thanks for sharing the story.

Tom

11. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    CONGRATS that is a darn nice flattie.............im still TRYING to catch my first flattie from Tappan !!!!!

12. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    good job bud, thanks for the story

13. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Congrats on the flathead Will. Nice fish :big_smile:. Jack, 250 runs the whole lenth of the lake. I live about 9 miles away from Tappan. My PB from that lake is 47lb 5oz. It is loaded with nice channel cats also. I have caught some nice ones over 12lb. Tappan has some really nice flathead :wink:.

14. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    tappan dose have nice fish but if ya dont know where to look it can make ya real frustrated quick lol with all the pleasure boaters in all just was in the right spot at the right time thax yall....sniper

15. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great job-keep the hammer down.