Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Tappan today. I didn't get there until about 1:45pm. I fished until about 6:00pm. I caught five catfish. The largest one was around 6 pounds. It might have been bigger than that, but I didn't bother to weigh it. Not too bad of an outing. I was going to throw them back in as usual, but there was a guy fishing near me that asked if he could have them to eat, so I gave them to him. Before I left, he said "here you go, you can probably get more use out of these than I will". He gave me a box of Eagle Claw circle hooks. There were four compartments in it, with sizes 2/0-5/0. Not bad for a few hours of fishing.:smile1:

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5141/51810tappan1.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5718/51810tappan2.jpg

·
Registered
339 Posts
D_Weezy............i saw you out there fishing last night...........you were loading up your stuff to leave when i went by............wish i had known it was you i would have stopped by and said HELLO !!!

I was after white bass last night and didnt have any luck at all.........my dad caught 2 but that was all we had in about 3 hours of fishing !!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D_Weezy............i saw you out there fishing last night...........you were loading up your stuff to leave when i went by............wish i had known it was you i would have stopped by and said HELLO !!!

I was after white bass last night and didnt have any luck at all.........my dad caught 2 but that was all we had in about 3 hours of fishing !!
Yeah, I was going home to eat and watch TV. I am not too hard to spot, with the big yellow water cooler bait-tank in the back of my truck :smile1:. If you see me, stop by and chat.

I had plenty more bites, but they must have been small fish. I was using cut bluegill and creek chub. I forgot my cast net at home, I would like to have had some shad.

I might try to get the wife to go fishing with me on Monday or Tuesday. I will have to force her to fish for something besides bluegill :laugh1:. She loves to eat those bluegill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.