Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Tappan Lake saturday night with my wife Renee. We had 15 channel cats in about 5 hours of fishing time. All of our fish were caught on fresh cut shad. I had 11 channels with my biggest being a 11 lbs 13 oz HOG !!! Renee landed 4 channels with her biggest weighing in at 4 lbs 3 oz. The channel cats were biting great from 6 to 9 after dark the bite slowed down but that was when the bigger fish bit for us.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
yeah it was cold when we got out of the wind it wasnt too bad though. Yeah i figured it would be a tough bite with the cold front and high winds but the fish were HUNGRY !!
Sometimes.....like Sat night those conditions are what makes them feed heavy. You got some people that think you are crazy for fishing in weather like that......but for those that get it....they know better!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep before the tournament started i said i had a feeling that the bite would be good.........it was funny cause i had a double (fish on both rods) ten minutes after we started but they were both under 15 inches long !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.