Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Tappan with my dad and my wife Renee & a friend of mine Cody. We set up around 745 pm with some nice live bluegills and a few large creek chubs. Fished till around 1130 pm and didnt have a single flathead run............we did catch 2 small channels about 15 inches long on cut shad !!!

·
Banned
700 Posts
This is the time a year last yr when i started doing really good on Flathead's we got a lotta 20 & 30lber's this time last yr so many that i would have to look at my log book to tell you the exact number. I will say this we did real well last year with 15-22in red horse sucker's and the biggest bullhead's we could find....... some of them were 14in long mabey a little bigger ask Dave..( rcbbracing) he was there and knows the kinda live bait's i like to throw!!!!!!!! Hell some of them red horse sucker's and bullhead's you could barley get your hand around to put them on your hook!!!!!!.........One more thing only one time last year did we have a Flathead hit before 1am all our Flathead's hit between 1am and 4am you could almost set your watch by the 1am first Flathead bite i swear it was unreal .........sniper

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
This is the time a year last yr when i started doing really good on Flathead's we got a lotta 20 & 30lber's this time last yr so many that i would have to look at my log book to tell you the exact number. I will say this we did real well last year with 15-22in red horse sucker's and the biggest bullhead's we could find....... some of them were 14in long mabey a little bigger ask Dave..( rcbbracing) he was there and knows the kinda live bait's i like to throw!!!!!!!! Hell some of them red horse sucker's and bullhead's you could barley get your hand around to put them on your hook!!!!!!.........One more thing only one time last year did we have a Flathead hit before 1am all our Flathead's hit between 1am and 4am you could almost set your watch by the 1am first Flathead bite i swear it was unreal .........sniper
Well by the sounds of that.....beings I usually give up on the Tusc after the bite dies around 1 am, I just need to head to a lake around 1....haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.