tappan catfish

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by varmint_sniper, Jul 4, 2009.

1. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    was wondering how the flathead bite was on tappan guys any info would help hopeing to make a trip tomorrow ill be bank fishing thax...sniper

2. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    SUCKS...........Fished 7/3/09 from 5pm to 7:30am...3 runs 1 fish

3. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    well howd ya do will?

4. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    went to the ohio river insted

5. Bear2123

Bear2123 New Member

State:
    Uhrichsville, OH
    Don't blame ya on that. Haven't went to tappan in a week, but the last 4-5 times i've been skunked. Tons of people fishing nowadays, and now most people are taking big fish and small fish. Just think the lakes need to be repopulated more than what they are now.

6. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    i think if, the u.s. government, made it as hard to legally fish as it is in german, i know there would be a hell of a lot less folks out there!!!!

7. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    did ya go to that spot we went to? howd ya do?

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Did you do any good there Will? I would think the Ohio river was a pretty good choice to go get the lines wet for sure.

9. Bigfoot!

Bigfoot! New Member

State:
    Ohio

I have to agree with Bear. I have fished quite a few spots by now in Tappan. I haven't even had a bite that I could positively identify as a cat. I honestly think it's being over fished and desperately needs to be repopulated. It really sucks because it's the closest place for me to go.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  10. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    Holly Snap its bigfoot how ya been john ?

11. Bigfoot!

Bigfoot! New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been ok. I just went fishing at Tappan for some Bluegill for him to go catfishing. I wasnt able to go, myself. I was too worn out. I swear, I think I need to go on a boat to be able to even try to catfish at Tappan. Hopefully, Matt and I will be able to go out on his boat later this week. How is the fishing up by you? Did you catch much on the Ohio? Sometime soon, you, David, Matt, and I will have to go fishing again...and not to GAR Island..lmao. Catch ya later, Will!