Tappan 5/7/08

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by D_Weezy, May 8, 2008.

1. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I went to Tappan today. The channel catfish were hitting pretty good. I caught a total of 13 with plenty more missed hits. I could have caught more, if I would have down sized my bait. As the day went on, I was only trying to catch the bigger fish. I had already caught 6 keepers, so I only used large pieces of cut bait. I probably could have caught 3 times as many with smaller pieces of bait. The bites were constant. Once, from the time I cast my bait into the water, to the time I got a bite was 35 seconds. The largest fish that I caught was 11 pounds and 30 1/2" long (released). For all of the people that doubt if they can catch catfish in the daytime, these fish were caught between 10am-5pm. I fish for channel catfish during the day mostly and catch plenty of fish. Just thought I would share.

Attached Files:

2. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    Congrats on your day.i'm gonna have to get out to tappan soon!

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on your day glad to hear you had a fun productive time fishing and that is some nice fish that you have in the pictures thanks for sharing them with us and good luck from here on out hope you catch many more fish.

4. david graham

david graham New Member

State:
    ohio
    catch some eatin size then go after the big ones

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Nice fish. Maybe I'll see you at the NEOCATS tournament on May 31st at Tappan.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice mess of Channels.

7. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Nice fish--Thanx for the pics ,and the story.