Tanya Tucker Concert

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    We went to the Tanya Tucker concert last night at Loretta Lynn's ranch. It was supposed to start at 8:00 but they didn't start until 8:30. Then the band members sung about 3 or 4 songs. Then Tanya came on but the sound man had everything screwed up and the music was drowning her out. She stopped twice and asked him to fix it, but it didn't get any better. Then one of the band members went over and shoved the guy out of the way and adjusted it himself and got it right. She sang a few more songs and it ended at 9:30. Kind of a short concert I thought. Left me sort of disappointed.

Once they got the sound right, it was real good while it lasted though.

2. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    One of my favorite female C/W singers.My 2 favorite's from her:Heres Some Love and Lizzie & the Rainman

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    She probably got po'd at the sound man. Sounds like she had a right, bet he's fired or admonished anyway. Sorry it turned out that way. Take care.

4. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    :beauty: :sweet_kiss: :sweet_kiss: :embarrassed_2: I'm sure she looked good enough to make it worth your wild though!!

5. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Me too,but I'm still partil to Helen Reddy's version.

6. Nobody Special

State:
    TN
    She sure can shake that fat butt.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad ya got to go see a legend. I love old country music. Wish she would come around here. Next time get some pics if ya can. Would love to see em.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Tea,
    In first reading your reply it sounded to me like you were talking about an older CW singer. Tanya is 48, but I agree she looks older.
    She put on a great show about 12 years back, don't know about today, but sounds like Mark noticed her still shakin' it. LOL.

9. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    The sound man prolly had it right drown her out never did like her never will like her.

10. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The thing that irritates me is, these old geezer, on their way down, celebrities, that 10-20 years ago wouldn't give you the time of day, all of a sudden want to come to your county fair and try to entertain you. Twenty years ago they had to be seen in some gigantic concert hall or stadium in the biggest cities. Back then their poop didn't stink. Now they're out in Podunk scratching for your pennies...:roll_eyes:

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jeb, you are very correct but I still enjoy seeing the old ones. Most of the new ones I wouldn't give a nickel to see. Branson is made up of all the has beens but they are still pulling in the bucks.
    Guess that's why I like Hanks Place on XM Radio.. they only play the oldies.

12. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Went to see her in Branson a couple of years ago and it was awesome, but she is showing her age, thanks to HOWDY I'M GLEN, WELL, YOU KNOW

13. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    AH! let's be easy on them sound tech's.Could have been equipment failure.Being a drummer for year's I know how that finger-pointing in the band goes.In my experience when some body sped-up or slowed-down,guess who got the blame? Sometimes it was my fault,I'll admit, but not always.

14. ahoki

ahoki New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I worked concerts from 91 to about 99. Local road crew...unloading the stage and sound equiptment etc....

She played okc state fair along with waylon jennings, tracy lawrence, and a couple of other folks in 1992 or 1993 on the black velvet whisky tour. When she showed up she was almost 30 mins late and drunk as a skunk. That show was the worst show i think i've ever seen. She did badly at first but came around at the end.

Too bad ya cant get your money back on those things. better luck next time

15. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Wife and I went on vacation to see Dodge City a few years ago and stopped in to see the state fair and Travis Tritt. Larry the cable guy opened and was out there for about an hour. When Tritt came out I think he sang 3 songs and got on his bus and was gone. Big disappointment for the whole crowd. I told one of the girls at WalMart about it. She is one of his biggest fans and won't miss a show if it's within 200 miles from here. She said his wife must have been with him cause he will stay out on stage for hours if she's not there. Still a disappointment for the people who paid to see him.

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    We had the Possum ol Geo.Jones at the Linclon Co Fair serval years ago. You talk about a joke. Jerry Reed Had the opening act and he was great ,then ol Geo. came on stage. Frist thing he did was complain about the sound system.H'ed start a song but never did finish one. He started 4-5 song then right in the middle of one of them he walked off the stage and that was the end of ol george. He Didn't come back on stage,got in his bus and never came back out. As far as the sound system Jerry Reed used the same system with never a hitch. Go figure. And that was after he was suppose to of stopped DRINKING. ye Right.Personally I wouldn't walk across the street to see him again,if I did it would have to be a free ticket.But I sure do like TANYA TUCKER.Like Geo's music too ,just wouldn't go to see him again.

17. Nobody Special

State:
    TN
    We went to a Loretta Lynn concert at the same place a few weeks ago and it was great. Her daughters and son performed too and they were pretty good. It lasted 2 hours or more. She's having another one on July 1st. and we are going to that one too. I think I'll pass on any future Tanya Tucker concerts though even though I do like her music.

18. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    That sounds like a Pat Benetar concert