Tanners Creek Status

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by CatHunter24, Jan 22, 2010.

1. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Anyone been to tanners or by it lately? Is the ramp and the creek still frozen? I know we have had a warmer spell with some rain. I may be launching Saturday and was curious on how to plan. Thanks.

2. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would like to know as well. i was down last weekend and it was still frozen.

3. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    i'm wondering the same thing , guess if i go that way if its still frozen could use the ramp over in arorua or risin sun

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I haven't been up to Tanners but you guys should be good. The creeks down this way (Rising Sun) are clearing up, Laughery is totally clear. I am going out tomorrow morning and we are launching outa Arnolds. Might be a little bit of ice but not much. The rising river helped break everything up. Good luck guys!

5. NO1HUNTER12

NO1HUNTER12 Member

State:
    INDIANA
    daytimedrifter went out of tanners today. said he have to break alittle ice with oar but made it out ok. good luck tomorrow fellas.

6. JUMPER

JUMPER New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    I just left from the ramp, theres no ice or drift in creek. Good luck

7. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I wouldn't use the Aurora ramp (old one on main river) unless you got a 4-wheel drive and don't mind having your trailer disappear as soon as the tires hit the water. I had to use it when I broke down last fall and it was a pain. Especially at night.