Tanners creek ohio river

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by bigcatkev, May 3, 2006.

1. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Anyone fish tanners creek and know any good areas? Up river or down river?

2. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    okay...we're getting personal here....i don't let just anyone fish my creek...LMAO...

tanner

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Yeah. There are several good spots next to the creek. On the kentucky side on the other side of the 275 bridge a 86 pounder was pulled out jan 1st (make sure u have either an KY or OH license to fish there, it's not longer indiana).

I like almost straight across from the creek on the kentucky bank, a nice ledge and i have marked trees in 20 feet of water (last summer, i don't knwo about now) and if u head downriver there is a rock ledge out there u can mark, about 1/8th mile down river on indiana side. We have caught alot of flatties from there. Aurora is also my favorite winter and dead summer spot. Right past the grain barges. U can go 30 yards out from bank and be in 60 feet of water

hope this helps!

4. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Well I will have to agree with max cuz I fish with him anytime that I fish up there. I have hooked a real nice blue up there one time that I thought was going to take my rod cuz I didn't have my bail open..oops.