Tanners Creek FREAK

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by skippi2use, Jul 19, 2009.

1. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Spent about 3 1/2 hours fishing and 5 hours trying to find certified scales a dnr officer or something. At 8:30 we landed a 39.25 pound fish. He hit the boat I told dad to get the rods in the boat we had to find scales. Found a set of scales, 39.25 Then proceed to wal mart, kroger To try to fisn certified scales many phone calls nothing. Aperantly no DNR on duty in the state. Called the main office and they basically told me they didnt give a crap and from there it went down hill.:sad2::confused2::eek:oooh::angry::angry::angry: By god you drive 7 miles an hour in the idle zone they come out of know to get a ticket. Just happened to me. State record fish they could care less. Yes this is a 39.25 CHANNEL CAT!!!!!!!!!!!! At 2:30 After no luck I decided that it was time to let him swim off while he could!!!!!!!!!:big_smile: Alot of thoughts went through my mind but that was the best decision for that fish. This fish is missing allot of his fins anal and dorsal. Looked like he had lived through allot. Didnt figure I would be the one to kill him. This fish was in great shape when he took off. He still nearly took my arm off when I put him back in the water. We took length and girth on this fish Before we let him go. 39.5 inches long and a girth of 28 inches. Taken 5 hours after he was caught. By the way we caught about 30 fish 1 CHANNEL. all the rest blues. 3 biggest blues where in the middle to upper 20' rest around 12-15. I will use at least 2 posts to post these pics. Mr. Moran told ya not to leave!!

Attached Files:

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Awesome fish my friend. Congrats on the good night an a super size fish.

3. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    By the way my dad actually caught this fish. Thanks goes to JUSTIN ADKINS, JUSTIN WALTERS, STEVE CURRAN, and to all the guys at the boat ramp. All did internet work for me and made allot of phone calls. Allot to ask from people late on a saturday night but they all did everything I asked and then sum.:big_smile::big_smile: Its just a shame the state doesnt give a crap. I could have let this fish die but didnt.

Attached Files:

4. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    some more pics of other fish.

Attached Files:

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    good for you on the release! too bad you couldnt get a confirmation on size and species from the state though. that is bull, make sure that gets in the paper will ya:wink:

6. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    awesome fishes and congrats shane

7. witealebuc

witealebuc New Member

State:
    indiana
    Nice fish. My brother and his friend were who you met at the ramp and helped you weigh the fish. He called me around 10:30p.m. and told me that you had a potential state record.

8. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Awesome fish Shane. I have a feeling that you will have another chance for a record fish on your boat in the future again though.
    Steve

9. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice time to see that you made your first post on my pics. Glad to see that people are at least going to get to see this fish. I know that he took some pics as well. Do you know how they did down there last night. Just wandering. The one that didnt get away. But did get away!!:big_smile:

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats to your pop on that hawg channel..... WOW man!
    Congrats to you for the release.

11. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    WOW!!! Thats a huge channel! You mean to tell me after all the law inforcment we seen when i was leaving there wasnt any around when you caught that hawg?? Anyway congrates and nice meeting you and your father. Wish we could have stayed longer but the batteries worried me, it killed me leaving.

12. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    None to be found!!!! Called dearborn, Franklin, Ripley, Feyette, Union, and southeastern headquarters. Southeastern head quarters basically told me to get screwed.

13. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    O yeah, me and a friend caught a few fish yesterday as well but nothing like shanes channel. Started at 6 am, caught 8 blues, 2 flathead and 2 channel. My buddy caught a new personal best blue at 43lbs. Ill get a pic up of it.

14. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    43 lbs.

Attached Files:

15. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just think I was right there to see that one as well. Aint often you get spectators. Nice fish and well done.:big_smile:

16. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Very true, I think your boat was right behind him in the picture.

17. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i think you can just see the nose of my boat, on his left hand side.

18. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Nice fish Shane.We saw an officer go up the great miami so they had to be on the water close to tanners?

19. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Sure can Shane. Yeah we seen that same dnr headed up the Miami as well.

20. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    man that is cool that you had the honor to catch and release that nice fish, but it sucks that you couldn't get dnr out to verify. Better luck next time bub.