tanners creek 9-1

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by jackdog35, Sep 1, 2009.

1. jackdog35

jackdog35 New Member

State:
    IN.
    Went out today for a few hour the wind was blowing stright down the river pretty strong. Didnt do to bad for about 3hrs manage to catch 4.The first bite I had I missed like always I know to check drag but didnt even think about it pulled so hard i couldnt turn the drag fast enough nor put enough pressure on the spool with my thumb. Also like always forget CAMERA and catch my personal best around 50# on the smallest rod i had with me the other 3 were 10-15#.

2. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on your new personal best! But you know.....the one that got away was probably 75lbs LOL :)

3. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    what water depth were you catching them in? good report thanks

4. jackdog35

jackdog35 New Member

State:
    IN.
    I was catching them in 50ft of water.Went back last night and only managed to catch 3 a 5# channel a 7# flattie and a 15# blue

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey michael those are some nice fish. and i am guess it was you who i was talking to last night in the creek. i didnt do too bad last night. i ended up catching only 8 but i fished spots i never fished...my biggest was a 32 lb blue. i shouldve just told you to put ur boat back on the trailer but i figured u wanted to stay late and i really didnt want to. and oh yeah my plan to get bait that i told u blew up in my face. there was no bait where i said they would probably be.

6. jackdog35

jackdog35 New Member

State:
    IN.
    Well the shad was were you said they was and yea I stad till about 11 this morning the wind was blowing the wrong direction had a hard time trying to control the boat After daylight the wind was a little better but only managed to get that blue and missed 2

7. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I ended up calling it a night around 4 am. i was out of bait and the current was acting retarded so i just said screw it and went in. and i told ya the shad would be there. I wouldve felt dumb had u said they werent lol. But they were there the day before so i took the gamble and was right on that one. but wrong on the gamble i wanted with bait :confused2: