Tanners Creek 7/7

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by skippi2use, Jul 7, 2009.

1. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I took my son his friend and his friends dad to tanners creek. we caught 3 fish near 40 as my scales died, several in the 30,20, and a ton in the teens. All together we caught between 3-400#'s of fish. We caught somewhere between 30-35fish. Best night I have ever had on the river. If I can get someone to post pictures for me I will get them up here in the next couple of days. Also on saturday morning we caught some nice fish, I will try to get them up as well.

2. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wow!!!:big_smile: I thought we had a good night last night by catching 3 flatheads! Congrats on the catch! What a great night to take someone catfishing. I bet they'll all want to go again real soon!

3. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    so I think that I have figured out to post pics so IM working on it now. It is my son in the avatar.

Attached Files:

4. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    here are some more pics if I can keep this up. This is the 1st time ive tried to post them since I have dial up.

Attached Files:

5. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    one more batch of pics on this post and then I will put the ones up for the forth. Looks like the 3rd one didnt go up.

Attached Files:

6. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Wheeeeeew! Fish on! Congrats on the fishin' looks like you hit the jackpot! Thanks for the pics!

7. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Congrats sounds like one of those nights that will stories will be told about for years to come!

Fud

8. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks, I have had allot of good nights this year and caught allot of fish but that one is the best I have ever had. I have had nights where I have caught that many fish or as many big fish, but never where I have caught allot of big fish and a bunch of fish in the same night. We have prob. caught about 25-30 fish over 20#'s this year. prob. 8-10 around 40#'s with biggest being 48.9#'s. Lost one the night I caught it that I had to the boat several times that made him look like a baby.

9. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Wow I fished sat and sunday at tanners and at markland and was skunked both days!! All i caught was a 9lbs drum. Figured they ere in full spawn. Congrates

10. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    is long gone has been for a couple of weeks. We caught about six fish that dropped there eggs in my boat. Further proof to me that the spawn was at least partially screwed up this year dew to water level fluctuation and temp fluctuation. Here are a few pics of the eggs. keep in mind these fish didnt come out of shallow water. Allot of the catching depends on how you are fishing, and what with.

Attached Files:

11. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Wow Skippie, nice catch. One of these days you'll have to show me a thing or two about fishing!:wink:

12. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Those are some nice fish. Good to see you got the boy out.

13. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yah they dumped my dang avatar though, I would rather see my boy up there all the time instead of me though. Erik by the way IVE already tought you a 1/4 of what I know, what more could you want. give me a buzz when you get back from iceland.

14. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    good job boy glad to see you fanally learned how to fish:smile2: We went out this weekend and done really good also. Good job!

15. dusty1529

dusty1529 New Member

State:
    Winamac, IN.
    WOW amazing catch!!!! Thanks fot the pics!

16. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I will get some more up from today here in a bit.

17. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No kevin I just now learned how to post pics. Someone has always posted them for me. Besides I heard the only way you could catch fish is to see people catching them and move right in beside them. Also if I remember right I put you on some pretty decent fish first time that I took you out. Then every time I went to tanners where did I see you fishing. LOL No seriusly I have really figured them out now with low water. I could always catch them if there was good current but I am now catching them even better without current, and also with the river falling. Has taken me a long time to get to that point though. It has helped that my kid is into it now. Because of him the wife lets me do allot more fishing as long as he or my daughter are with me, and he is HOOKED!

18. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    great job. i have been in a slump in my neck of the river. lol i know there is fish here but for some reason i just cant find them. are you drifting or ancoring? and one more question. do you watch for fish on the finder or do you just look for structure? im on a mission to find the fish but so far i have had no luck. back in april we got 5th in cabelas king kat with 97 pounds fishing the same pool im fishing now. that was in april but now i havent really caught anything since then. any help or advice would be appreciated.

19. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    drifting with a purpose. that purpose can change every single day, and has when we catch a fish we mark it and begin to try to put a pattern together. Hard part is finding the first couple after that it is pretty easy. Like I said we are catching them all up and down the river. Its deffinatley easier though to just put in a float around that will deffenatly put some fish in the boat.

20. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    great pictures,thanks.