Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Taneycomo - When is the best time to fish taneycomo?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Mickey 
#1 ·
My girlfriend got a time share presention trip to branson but she hasnt picked the dates yet. When is the best time to fish taneycomo? I would really like to do some trout fishing, but I might hit Table Rock too. So what time of year do yall recomend? Thanks

#2 ·
I went down last spring but unfortunatly they had record flooding and the fishing was very tough we caught 13 total for 7 guys and 4 days of fishing The water is cold there all year around the tubines take waterfrom the bottem of table rock and turn it into electricity I believe the hatchery there is one of the biggest in the country is what I was told
lake tanneycomo is like a river that runs between tablerock and bull shouls

#3 ·
When we used to go to Taneycomo, the best we were told the best time was february and march. I'm sure the rules have changed since I fished there but we would head up to the fall creek area. I think it was around the three or four mile marker. We fished air injected nightcrawlers, salmon eggs and little cleos. good luck.

#5 ·
i lived in branson for years. u can catch trout year round and there is a good spot, just find the fish hachery right below the dam and follow that road till it dead ends and there is a good spot to fish right there one of my favorites by the way they really like berckly power bait. hope this helps

#6 ·
I've been fishing there for the last two weeks off and on depending on the weather just for a fishing fix:smile2: You can catch trout year around but to me it's always in the winter when I don't get my boat out too much, I'm really not a trout fan but it's fishing and my inlaws like trout so I have a excuse.:smile2:
We go to Forsye, there's a fishing dock in the park there, it's close to the bullshoals dam and it's the warmest water also, anyway you fish for them like you were catfishing:eek:oooh: 18" leader, double swivel, barrel weight, powerbait eggs for bait, that's it.
What I've discovered over the years is this--your cast must be way out there, so use a weight that will let that happen, it dosen't make any difference cuz it's a slip weight--keep a bow in your line so the fish dosen't feel any tension--VERY IMPORTANT--and use pjower bait eggs--chartruse sparkle-orange-chartruse sparkle :eek:oooh: that's it
We've been out twice this last couple of weeks and have got our llimit of nice fish each time and caught many small ones too and I got my fishing fix in:wink:

#7 ·
i lived in branson for years. u can catch trout year round and there is a good spot, just find the fish hachery right below the dam and follow that road till it dead ends and there is a good spot to fish right there one of my favorites by the way they really like berckly power bait. hope this helps
I agree with this post. Also the bait and area to fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.