Taneycomo Trip

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by Seth, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I went down to Taneycomo fly fishing this past weekend with my buddy and his dad. Saturday was really windy and cold, but the fish bit well on scuds and fish food flies at the outlets. Sunday was a gorgeous day with the temps in the 50's and light wind. The fishing wasn't nearly as good as Saturday though, so we left out about noon and headed about home.

It was fun to finally get back down to Lake Taneycomo and do some fishing. If you live in Missouri and have never been there, you really need to go. The trout fishing down there blows trout parks out of the water.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Seth one new thing about fishing at taneycomo is the new Bass Pro Shop that has been added. If the fish don't bite go shopping.Good Luck.:cool2:

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    We took a stroll through the Branson Landing BPS Saturday evening after we finished fishing. It's not too big, but its nice. I wish it wasn't so darn cold and windy and I had more time because I would of liked to take a few of those Nitro's for a spin hehe.:big_smile:

4. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    The best day i ever had flyfishing was in the middle of a snow storm. Caught 5 fish over 20 inches before the snow got so bad i had to leave in order to safely make it home. The next day was so cold all my eyelets on my flyrod kept freezing up and costs me a brown way over ten pounds. Cold days are hard to beat in my opinion. jUST WISH CATFISH WERE THE SAME..

dru