Talley Bend / Twin Oaks Harbor

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by DoubleD, Aug 3, 2009.

1. DoubleD

DoubleD New Member

State:
    MO
    We bought a camping lot at Twin Oaks Harbor last year with intentions of parking our travel trailer on it and using it for camping and sort of a base camp for fishing the Truman / Talley Bend. Now I’m having second thoughts, worried about theft or vandalism.

Has anyone had any experiences at Twin Oaks Harbor or familiar with it, I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

2. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Hate to say but I live 15 minutes from there and have been in there only a couple times and dont care to go back.Us locals think its a problem,and the county deputies say they hate that place,always problems out there.

Sorry

3. DoubleD

DoubleD New Member

State:
    MO
    That’s what I was afraid of :sad2::angry:, my wife had called the St Clair Co Sheriff before we bought it, but they wouldn’t say much over the telephone. We haven’t stayed there yet and Twin Oaks Harbor ran out of money last fall then laid off their security people for the winter, so I was glad I didn’t leave the travel trailer down there over winter.

I’ve thought about hooking my boat to the rear of the travel trailer and staying at the Corp of Engineers campground but the truck, travel trailer and boat would be about 70 something feet, which is probably over the length limit and I’m not looking forward to the wife and I driving two trucks down each time to pull the travel trailer and boat, but it looks like what I may have to do.:sad2:

Thanks for the feedback and warning.

4. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    I know of some storage places close and people I know that are good people own them.PM me and I ll give you there number for storing boats and campers.