Tallest Bridge

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  2. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    That one doesn't look like it would be very sturdy?:eek:oooh:
    I think I woud have to take the small bridge behind that one.

Ken

3. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thats impressive I would take that bridge we visited the royal goarge last year in colarado last year and it is a neat bridge with a wood deck and it really clickedy clanks and sways when you drive over it

Attached Files:

4. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I'd love to drive across that bridge. but looks like an alqueda (sp?) terrorist target though and that would be one hellva fall! Quite an amazing feat though.

5. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
  6. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    i work on railroad bridges and the highest one has been 301 feet so i would love to be up on that bridge

7. DTro

DTro Active Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Phil, how did you stumble upon that link?

The reason I ask is that I visit that site the link came from, daily. I grew up in Cook MN which is city of about 500 people.

Weird....

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Phil,thats awesome.Thanks for sharing!!!

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Phil, I've saw that link before and that bridge is really something.
    It uses the same type superstructure as the Sunshine Skyway Bridge in Tampa, FL.

Trevor, We spent a week in the Canyon, CO area in 1991. Some beautiful country. Also drove across the bridge to nowhere. I guess you rode the tram across the gorge and the slant railroad to the bottom... quite an experience! I was taking video back then and don't have any photos.

I do have one of the bridge over the Rio Grande Gorge near Tacos, NM. It is a bridge to somewhere. :smile2:

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I got dizzy just looking at the picture. lol. It is "purty" though.

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
  12. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
  13. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Holy cow, now that's a tall bridge. I think it'd be neat to cross that . Be even neater if they had a pull off that you could gaze over the ecge.:tounge_out:

14. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    Phil,
    That is one beautiful piece of architecture! One that I will NEVER see up close... LOL... I am terrified of heights...I would have to be a passenger & drugged to unconsciousness to get over something even a 1/8 as tall as that!
    Lisa

15. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    You would need a looooooooooooong net.:big_smile:

Ken

16. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    At 40 I was comfortable walking tree limbs or 2 inch steel at any hight.I have worked steel and climbed anything with no fear whatsoever until I started to loose my balance and fall.As my body lost it's control and ability to stay erect,I started to get this horrible fear of all heights.I always thought it was some type of phobia.I now wonder if it is your body's way of telling you that you are not phys icily capable of surviving if you climb or expose yourself to a potential fall.It is a weird horrible feeling that I never dreamed of till it happened to me.peewee-williams

17. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    i would drive accross that 1, while i was stationed in Korea, there was a bridge over ther that was roughly between 900 and1100 feet in the air...... crazy, man, it took me some time b4 i walked accross it...............

18. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks like you would need a full tank of gas to cross that bridge. nice pic Phil.