Talkalai Lake - Fishing For Fall Flathead Catfish

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Apache Flats, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I will be fishing the rez on Sept. 17-19 in San Carlos for some fall flats. :crazy: It's a crap shoot on wheather you run into problems at this lake but I am willing to take my chances. Last year at this time was the best time I ever had fishing and I'm hoping it will be the same as last year. :eek:oooh: I will be as careful here as I am able to just to have that chance on a big-on. Here are some pictures of the lake.

Attached Files:

2. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    A few more pics of my favorite lake. :wink:

Attached Files:

3. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I've never been there or even seem it. I can see where the 80 lbr is hiding in your pics though. :crazy:
    That place looks awesome. Thanks for the pics.

4. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I am hoping to have some great looking pictures of kittie cats :eek:oooh: and crappie :big_smile_2: on this my last trip of the year. This trip can either make my season or break it and I really don't want to see a grown man cry including myself. LOL

5. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Antony, It seems perfect for a smaller boat, I'll try and get more info on game and fish website. With me living in Payson, Roosevelt just seems to be my go to lake. Good Luck!

6. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Talkalai Lake, isnt that in hawaii?
    J/k thanks for the pics. Im gonna see if my indian friend will take my paleface butt.

7. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Not in Hawaii, I believe I know all the fresh water lake names in Hawaii. Plus there is only a few.That is why I am enjoying all the fresh water on the mainland.

8. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Great picture's Anthony, yeah I always go fishing there when I go down there to visit. The spot I alway's go to is Catfish Bay, its a great spot to fish, and you can even swim to the island and fish from there :smile2:

9. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    So when are you going with us roundeyes? You ate my tuna damnit!:crazy:

10. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    lol I dont know, havent been over there in like 4 months. Lol what tuna?

11. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Where is catfish bay on talkalai??? It's the first time I have heard of it. I know the lake well so if you can explain the area I will know where you are talking about. Have you caught flatheads this time of the year in this bay? Thanks, we can never learn too much about this lake it is frustrating at times. :confused2:

12. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    lol catfish bay is at San Carlos Lake, I've been to Talkalai like 2 times but never caught nothing. San Carlos Lake is were I go when I go down there to visit my family

13. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Whens our next adventure?

14. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    When your mom gets out of rehab

15. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That may be never.:crazy:
    I know your mom isnt in rehab, she just left my house. Tell her to use that ten dollars for food this time.

16. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Oh alright koo, man we went to encanto last night and killed them like always, we caught 8 catfish in like 2 hours; well i killed them but robert didnt lol

17. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Yeah, thanks for inviting me. I heard you guys got some fish. I went to pleasant and got stabbed in the thumb by a pissed off channel. Well, at least you guys had a fun filled safe time free from crime and danger.:wink:

18. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Yea we sure did have a fun safe time there, next time ill call you for sure

19. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Will post results no matter what happens :crazy::embarassed::eek:oooh::smile2::sad2: