talk some sense into me, or I am going fishing.

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by flathunter, Jul 18, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ok I am 8 days out of surgery on my back, I stll have 14 staples in...I am going nuts....And I am really thinking about fishing tomorrow am I being stupid?

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I know exactly how you feel. A few months back I had hip surgery. Well 3 days later I went fishing...I couldn't take it either.

I hurt bad but I also hurt at home so it made no difference to me. Only you can make that choice...its your body and you need to know you limits.

Most will say your cRaZy but I know the feeling....you aint CrAzY at all ; )

Be careful !!

-Jim-

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Take her easy Jack. How about you go to the river and just scope things out? You might regret goin full throttle too soon. Too bad you didnt use perch or you could go perch jerkin.:smile2: Throwin the net might not be a good idea. How much longer until the staples come out?

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Yes, unless you are talking about getting some worms and a cane pole at the biggest. Take it easy Jack you want to have the strength later on to show your young boy how to fish. Slow and easy.

5. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i say take it easy when i broke my neck a couple of weeks later i went fishing and the sweat caused a small infection in my stitches i had on my jaw and boy it hurt worse then

its your choice but take care whatever you do

6. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Can only go by what I felt like 8 days out and I could barely walk. Was about 4 months out I could move enough to bank fish. Going by that I'd have to say your nuts.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Dang Jack you know better, you'd better take it easy for awhile. Like outlaw Jose Whales said you get that thing a bleeding and we'll whip you with a knotted plow line:smile2: or I'd bet your wife will:eek:oooh::smile2:.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    jack.. if this is a plot to see if im sandbaggin a fish on ya... LOL.. i already told my wife I'm sending you a hat or tee of your choice for all you have been through... now, you need to rest! I know the addiction, and im sure if you lived closer to me that i would go against your wife's better judgment and load ya up and go with me! :smile2: However, let me be an honest man and friend to you..... relax! you are needin your rest to fight em this fall!:wink: my boss has had 2 or 3 back surgerys now, and i see how a person with such problems can overdue it by feeling a little ambition! rollo

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Maybe we will just have that son of yours hold down or strap you to the bed. Remember what happened the last time you thought it would be ok to go fishing?????????????????????

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well after thinking about it, I figured after I walked the mile to my shad hole and threw the net a few times I would be down for the count:confused2:

My staples come out next thursday, all bets are off then.....

But hey I walked 2 miles today, and walked up 6 flights of stairs so I am getting close...Doc told me 3 weeks after surgery I would have no lifting restrictions...I have to lifet up to 150-lbs at my job, he said I would be good to go.

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    DON"T DO IT!! stay home and be bored.You'll be real glad you did later on.

12. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    I Would fish somewhere close so if something happens you are able to get out of there and live to fish another day

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i just thought of something...PAYLAKE!!!!! Drive right up to my spot and buy my bait right there!!!!!!:wink:

14. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    I dispise paylakes , all fish in paylakes no matter what species are bad fighters but i guess the situation your in a paylake would be a good idea

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    buy me a hotdog and pop also... send it via CARE@/..rR at careagin........rollo:tounge_out:

16. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    lol hey Get me a pizza 2

17. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    ya don't have much farther to go.i would just suck it up and sweat it out.no use in maybe doing yourself more harm than good.

18. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Sounds like if you hook a 50Lb'er your gonna have to just throw the rod in the water to be safe, LOL.

Jack, you will be out there before ya know it. Now's a good time to clean out reels, tie rigs, clean out tackle boxes etc. If you lived closer I would even be willing to fish with ya and reel your fish in for ya, that's what brothers are for, LOL.

Eat healthy and get a lot of rest. You will be healed up in time for the bite to get good. Take care ; )

-Jim-

19. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    Lol yea you better stick to blue gill

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Jack,
    I would wait it out Buddy. I know I'm one to talk but I did get clearance from my DR and have a big a$$ back brace on that I can't bend my low back whatsoever. Also, I had 2 Buddies that packed all my stuff to the bank and all I had to do was bait up and fish. BTW, last night was a full moon so the fishing sucks right now anyway. One good run right before we left and I missed it. Had it hooked for about a second and was off right after.
    Take it easy, look at me, last night was my first trip since early May and I'm sore as can be today!!! I didn't have surgery though, 3 broken vertebrae are enough!!!