Talk About Losing A Finger

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Ace, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    One has only to look into the mouth of a tigerfish to understand its name. The species is abundant and readily caught throughout most of the Zambezi River drainage system in southern Africa. And while any tiger is fun to catch, especially on a fly rod, double-digit fish up to 20 pounds are not that uncommon while record-book tigers exceed 30 pounds. Another species of tigerfish that inhabits the deep waters of the neighboring Congo River basin, the Goliath tigerfish, is known to grow in excess of 100 pounds. The formidable teeth on this predator are enough to give anyone pause about the wisdom of wade fishing. Fortunately, tigerfish show none of the nasty habits of their more famous cousin, the pirhanna, and they pretty much stick to a diet of smaller fish.

That's not to say anglers should do much wade fishing. An abundant population of Nile crocodiles also inhabits the river. Spotting 10 foot or longer crocs sunning themselves on exposed river banks adds an interesting element to the fishing experience, to say the least.

Ace :frk-big: :0a30:

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Only thing I have to worry about eating me is a gator because I'm not leaving the country.

3. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Looks like a striper got a little too friendly with a piranha and the result is............that.
    Rat

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Rat - You took the words right out of my mouth! That fish is one mean looking customer!

5. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    I'll bet no B@$$ fisherman is gonna kiss an release that thing!:)
    Bet he don't grab it by the lip either!

6. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    man that is one nasty fish. I would hate to be bitten by that

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    that is one ugly fish.

8. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    rat- i was going to say the same thing...

That is one mean looking fish... jeez...

9. GrainDrain

GrainDrain New Member

State:
    Texas
    I went skiing up in Breckenridge Colorado this winter and i ventured into a fly fishing store and they had one of those mounted in the store. I had no clue what it was nor did the associate.

10. Icemanxxxv

Icemanxxxv New Member

State:
    Smithville Missouri
    Rather loose my finger tip to a fish than the power rear window mechanism in my K5 blazer like I did last april. That thiigs spring loaded to the p*ssed off position!