Tales of big fish, lure me in to fish Salamonie river tonight!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by BIGCATFISH64, Jun 27, 2009.

1. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Hey guys! Recently I've heard tales of big flatheads up on the Salamonie river being caught, and being the inquisitive person that I am, am headed out to investigate the reports of these river monsters, catfishcatcher has told me he has seen some recent photos of the fish I am talking about. I will post my findings in a later thread--LOL--Really!!!!:crazy:

2. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Good LORD willen and the crick don't rise tonight I"ll be on a bank somewhere, hopefully right where the salamonie and wabash meet.

3. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Well guys not much to tell about last night, it was just another fruitless adventure, with hopes of landing a few good fish, we used live chubs and cut bait too, had a few good runs, and I caught a channel cat, also hooked a largemouth bass got him close to the boat he performed some acrobatic feat and freed himself from my clutches, lucky little s#*t! Anyways my day will come, like catfishcatcher tells me " even the sun shines on a dogs ass once in a while". Hey Tim (river scum) how is the boat access where you are? LOL

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    See? right there is why I tell no one where I catch fish... If you ever hear me mention where I caught fish- you can ALWAYS assume it's bull sheet.

LOL, I wonder how many folks I've sent off on a wild goose chase! lmao... sorry!:wink:

5. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Thanks for the fair warning. I've done the wild goose chase game a time or 2.:sad2:

6. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    bill is right that is why i will never tell no one where i fish that is why they are called sercet locations :confused2:

7. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Well I trust my source, so I did'nt have a problem trusting him, and, I said Salamonie river, but did'nt mention the exact spot! LOL!

8. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    I usually get suspicious when I get to the hot spot and the waters 2 feet across and 6 inches deep:angry:

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thems the kinda spots I always get all my 50 and 60 pounders from:wink:

10. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Where are the pics?

11. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Forgot my camera:roll_eyes:

12. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey guys bigcatfish forgot to tell all of you we almost caught the boat on fire. Thats right, ALMOST! There were no flames but a lot of heavy smoke. The new cigeratte battery connector I bought for our spotlight got fried when I hooked it up. I double checked the connections and it was not wired up in reverse. The cords were melted and it was hooked up to the new battery. I rechecked the battery later on by hooking it up to the bait cooler we built and it worked fine. We figured the wiring was incorrect on the adapter. Anyway I would have been real ticked off if my boat caught on fire and done any damage.

13. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    To many amps goin through the adapter is prolly what killed it. Get you some alligator clips and wire them on your spotlight so you can hook it right on the battery posts.

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    ill set you up on my river bro. just drop me a pm and ill get you my number to call.

15. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Thanks Tim, I will for sure get up there to fish with you, can we get the 16' tracker in up there?

16. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    The connector did have alligator clips on them. That is what puzzled me.:confused2:

17. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    could but i wouldn't. lol the best places are very secluded and almost impossible to boat to. i have a boat you can use brother.