Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Tales of big fish, lure me in to fish Salamonie river tonight!

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  river scum 
#1 ·
Hey guys! Recently I've heard tales of big flatheads up on the Salamonie river being caught, and being the inquisitive person that I am, am headed out to investigate the reports of these river monsters, catfishcatcher has told me he has seen some recent photos of the fish I am talking about. I will post my findings in a later thread--LOL--Really!!!!:crazy:

#3 ·
Well guys not much to tell about last night, it was just another fruitless adventure, with hopes of landing a few good fish, we used live chubs and cut bait too, had a few good runs, and I caught a channel cat, also hooked a largemouth bass got him close to the boat he performed some acrobatic feat and freed himself from my clutches, lucky little s#*t! Anyways my day will come, like catfishcatcher tells me " even the sun shines on a dogs ass once in a while". Hey Tim (river scum) how is the boat access where you are? LOL

#4 ·
See? right there is why I tell no one where I catch fish... If you ever hear me mention where I caught fish- you can ALWAYS assume it's bull sheet.

LOL, I wonder how many folks I've sent off on a wild goose chase! lmao... sorry!:wink:

#5 ·
See? right there is why I tell no one where I catch fish... If you ever hear me mention where I caught fish- you can ALWAYS assume it's bull sheet.

LOL, I wonder how many folks I've sent off on a wild goose chase! lmao... sorry!:wink:
Thanks for the fair warning. I've done the wild goose chase game a time or 2.:sad2:

#7 ·

Well I trust my source, so I did'nt have a problem trusting him, and, I said Salamonie river, but did'nt mention the exact spot! LOL!

#12 ·
Hey guys bigcatfish forgot to tell all of you we almost caught the boat on fire. Thats right, ALMOST! There were no flames but a lot of heavy smoke. The new cigeratte battery connector I bought for our spotlight got fried when I hooked it up. I double checked the connections and it was not wired up in reverse. The cords were melted and it was hooked up to the new battery. I rechecked the battery later on by hooking it up to the bait cooler we built and it worked fine. We figured the wiring was incorrect on the adapter. Anyway I would have been real ticked off if my boat caught on fire and done any damage.

#14 ·
Well guys not much to tell about last night, it was just another fruitless adventure, with hopes of landing a few good fish, we used live chubs and cut bait too, had a few good runs, and I caught a channel cat, also hooked a largemouth bass got him close to the boat he performed some acrobatic feat and freed himself from my clutches, lucky little s#*t! Anyways my day will come, like catfishcatcher tells me " even the sun shines on a dogs ass once in a while". Hey Tim (river scum) how is the boat access where you are? LOL
ill set you up on my river bro. just drop me a pm and ill get you my number to call.

#17 ·
Thanks Tim, I will for sure get up there to fish with you, can we get the 16' tracker in up there?
could but i wouldn't. lol the best places are very secluded and almost impossible to boat to. i have a boat you can use brother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.