Talented member from OK living in KS (Cowboyrick)

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    This is a poem written by Cowboyrick, that I overlaid on a pencil sketch he drew. I'm just posting it for him. Rembrandt ain't got nuthin on Rick.:0a31: The folks that attended the Tuttle get together had the pleasure of seeing some of his drawings.
    Hope you can see it okay, had to reduce quite a bit.

Attached Files:

2. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I didn't get to see his drawings but did get to BS with him and his wife. They were real nice people maybe they will come up this spring and join us at the spring gathering.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I can honestly say that I have never held an original print in my hands that was as good as Rick's. He is extremely talented and it shows. The poem and the drawing go hand in hand. I wish I could draw like that. It would give me something to do between bites.:smile2: His work is extremely detailed and looks just like a black and white picture taken with a camera.
    Keep up with the drawings Rick. It is a gift!

4. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Chris, they'll definitely be back next spring as him and Vanessa will be the "Mom and Pop" gate guards:smile2:, and you couldn't ask for better folks to do the job.
    I would like everyone to petition J.J. to make then "Honorary Kansas Members" I'm going there right now.

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Kyle, I'm sure Rick will appreciate your praise, he won't be able to thank you yet, I told him he has to get more posts before he can do that, so he said he work on it:smile2:. So I'll just thank you both for him.

6. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Rick has already been added to the list.

7. cowboyrick

cowboyrick New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I had a good time at the gathering. And don't worry we will be back in the spring to see all of you good folks.Once I make a few more post I'll be able to thank everyone. Thinks again cowboyrick.

8. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    It was good meeting you at the Gathering Rick. You are a hell of an artist. Do you remember I asked you if you could do a drawing of a guy pulling a big flathead out of a logjam? If you ever get that rolling, let me know. I would love to put that on a t-shirt. :big_smile:

9. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    If you get that one rolling, Keith, put me on the short list of those interested.
    Rick is an artist in an old school of realism sort of like Remington back 120 yrs
    ago. If he does a flathead, it will look like a flathead. Heck, he could easily
    do art for magazine covers on whatever schedule he chose. Impressive!

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Rick it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife at Tuttle.

Look forward to seeing you again this spring at milford.

I wont forget you by the story you told me about the big oh boy on the dance floor that picked you up by the hooters. ( that still hurts just thinking about it):smile2:

PS.. I liked that BIG truck that you drive also...

11. Lakeladie

Lakeladie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just want to say that we (Cowboyrick and I)have enjoyed our stay in Kansas very much. Working as a volunteer for the Army Corp of Engineers has been a very rewarding experience. It has allowed us to meet some very interesting and wonderful people. Catfish Jim as I know him or Catfish Fever as you may know him is a fine example of the people we have met in Kansas so much so that we will be back next spring. I have had many a laugh and learned a lot about catfishing from him and he has become a good friend. Never knew that catfishing was such an envolving and fascinating past time. Through Catfish Fever we or I have met some very friendly people since he invited Rick and I to become part of a gathering of the Boc at the Tuttle Creek gathering. Even though it was raining we had a most wonderful time talking catfish, eating catfish and just an all around great time . If this is the type of people that are part of Brotherhood of Catfishermen then I count myself lucky to becoming a participant. Thank you to all who made my first gathering a wonderful memory. Sincerely Lakeladie

12. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    although i didnt slow down enough to talk with you i am glad to have met you & Rick. its good that y'all were able to make it to the gathering. look forward to seein y'all in the future.

13. Lakeladie

Lakeladie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I enjoy fishing and I am very happy no matter what species I catch. I would like to encourage more women to become interested in the ourdoors and fishing. It is a wonderful experience to teach your children as well as quality time to spend with your husband (if he happens to enjoy it too). I am disabled and have trouble getting around on rough turrain, but that doesn't stop me when I have the opportunity. I hope that I can encourage other women to give the sport of fishing a chance, if you have trouble touching worms , there are plenty of other baits that don't wiggle, scruam, and get under your fingernails. Have Fun and Go Fishing. Hope to meet more female anglers. Thanks for listening. Sincerely Lakeladie

14. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Vanessa, glad to have you aboard!
    It was nice meetin you guys at Tuttle. You are some good people. I will stay in touch with you and Rick and when you go back to OK we can meet up and go fish on Kaw Lake.
    Rick's lucky to have a wife that likes to fish. I know I am. Maybe we will see ya again at Milford this year, if not we will see you at Kaw.

15. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Vanessa, thanks a whole bunch Toot's you're a real sweetheart too. I'd say the same about Rick, but I'm afraid you'd get jealous:eek:oooh:. and whip me:wink::roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:, you know you both are always welcome at our home.
    We are very fortunate to have had the pleasure and honor of meeting, and having you have us for friends, which we both consider both of you.