Talapia in Brown butter sauce

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by laidbck111, Jan 21, 2007.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

6 talapia fillets frsh are frozen
    1 stick unsalted butter
    1/4 cup walnuts
    1/4 cup dried cranberries
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/2 teaspoon dried sage, you can use fresh is it is available
    prepared brown rice

Place one third of the butter in frying pan over medium heat and add talapia. I cook three at a time. Talapia cooks fast so about three minutes a side should be enough. when all fish is done in the same pan add the rest of the butter, walnuts and cranberries; stirring constanatly for another 4 minutes are until heated. I like to put mine over a bed of brown rice then a couple of fillets covered in brown sauce, nuts and berries. For a side dish I like spinach.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds good Benji i think i might try it with crappi or bluegill though cause they dont sell talapia around here thanks for that one

3. Texas_Select

Texas_Select New Member

State:
    TX
    That is an interesting recipe, great post! My wife and I are big tilapia fans and cook it several ways. The cranberries and walnuts sound awesome!!

Sams warehouse foods carries fresh farm raised tilapia in ya have one in your area. We have a fresh fish market close by that gets it direct from a farm and dresses it fresh every couple of days so we stock up, especially if I have not been fishing!!