Taladega Night movie

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by catfish slick, Feb 9, 2007.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    I have a question For all you Nascar fans, Have you seen the movie Taladega night, And if you have what did you think of the way it portrayed the Nascar community. My wife and I usually try and pick movies with out all the bad language in them, which is not an easy thing to do now days, But this one slipped past us, I am the one that picked it, because it said unrated, Well, little did I know what that means. I will not make that mistake again. It was to me one of the worst movies I have ever seen, with sorry actors and no script. just plain old out and out Filth. I was so upset after watching it, I couldn't sleep that night, Now that has to be bad.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Well, if you were expecting Citizen Kane you would have been disappointed.

I laughed my ass off. Hardest I have laughed in a long while. :big_smile: There are some things in there that fly right past many viewers. My wife was hitting me for laughing at things no one else got. I guess I looked silly in the theatre. WHO CARES!! Its a comedy.

Are NASCAR fans rednecks? HELL YES!! Be proud of it while you can before it becomes the Grey Poupon Cup!!! :lol: This sport was born in the sticks. NASCAR fans get mad when they are portrayed as rednecks, and then they get mad when "outsiders" come into the sport from California. GET OVER IT!! :big_smile: Enjoy it, bask in it, be proud to like it and enjoy it!

The psychology behind "...I was so upset after watching it, I couldn't sleep that night,...." is intriguing. I will save that for future posts.

3. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I was at Talledaga when the final race was filmed. I thought the movie was ok But I liked the actors in it. (shake and bake)LOL

4. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    -Couger scene
    "Whered you get that thing?"
    "Trapped it, been keepin it in my bathroom at the motel, feedin it old pizza."

LOL! that was great. it had some moments where it was stupid but i wasnt offened at all and im a nascar fan so maybe you saw sumthin i didnt im not sure.

5. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Phillip, i hafta whole heartedly agree with you that it is very filthy. It isnt the redneck factor that so appalling about it cause i am a redneck myself born and raised very country. It is scenes like the one sitting round the supper table with the kids disrespecting the grandpa and the "mom and dad" gettin it on on the table with the kids present, and all the foul language the kids were speaking. It was totally unreal......You had one advantage over me...I didnt see the cover to know it was unrated...was already playin when i walked into a friends house.
    I am not that much of a Nascar fan myself...I do know a few more outstanding drivers and cars but I dont personally follow it, but...I have numerous family and friends and acquaintences who do follow it religiously and they do not act in such crude ways....It is not a respectable way to be honoring the sport of Nascar...afterall, if they were gonna act so crudely...why even bother to say prayer before it happens...sounds a lil contradictory to me.....but, like ive always heard growin up....opinions are like butt holes....everyone has one and most times they will stink...stand strong in your opinions Phillip...you are not alone.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ive seen it and I thought it was funny as h3ll. I didnt relize the language but the wife flashing and they were taking pics with the phones I was cracking up.

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...It is not a respectable way to be honoring the sport of Nascar..."

Now that is funny!! Honoring NASCAR? I don't think they ever intended to honor anyone.

Ricky Bobby: Dear tiny infant Jesus... Carley Bobby: Hey, um... you know sweetie, Jesus did grow up. You don't always have to call him baby. It's a bit odd and off puttin' to pray to a baby.Ricky Bobby: Well look, I like the Christmas Jesus best, and I'm sayin grace. When you say grace, you can say it to grown up Jesus, or teenage Jesus, or bearded Jesus, or whatever you want.

Now that was funny!!

8. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    I havent seen a movie yet with Will Farrell that I like

9. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I THOUGHT IT WAS A VERY FUNNY MOVIE.

10. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Well as to calling me a California red neck, I was born in Arkansas, and I am just as big a red neck as you are, just one with a little sense of self respect left. But being a television producer you most likely I wouldn't know what I am talking about. :big-smile:

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I thought it was pretty funny, though Im sure its not for everyone.

12. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    my step son (my red headed stepson) had rented it i watched most of the last half and thought it was one of the stupidest flicks i ever saw. how nascar put any spec of approvel on it would blow me away. i didnt watch enough of it to see if there were any real nascar drivers in it. i never did like will ferrel myself i think he sould stay in kiddy flicks n lower high school levels of entertainment, i guess this is thier target audiance on this one too. hey its like the ol sayin opinions, everybodys got one. :lol:

13. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Who would have thunk it, a darn California Out sider come back their and win the Daytona 500. Big :smile 2: smile, I had my money on Mark martin as he is a friend of mine. Wyliey cat. I will sleep good tonight mile :smile2: smile :smile2: smile.

14. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    To me, though it isn't a family flick it was stupid funny!I love stupid funny movies I rate it right up there with Tommy Boy,Nat Lampoon's, and Trains Plains and Automobiles.I guess some people feel laughing at the pure stupidity is somehow a knock on thier intelligence.To me a comedy doesn't have to "make sense"to make me laugh- sometimes not makeing sense is funny in it self.It was Days of Thunder that I thought sucked-It wasn't relistic ,and anything but funny.Thats my 2-cents

15. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Mike I thank you for your response. I do not know how old you are, are if you have any children, But the question I would ask you would you feel comfortable setting on the couch with your 13 year old daughter watching that kind of crap, I would hope not. Relistic you say.

16. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I got an idea.....if you don't like the movie............turn it off. If someone was holding a gun to your head forcing you to watch it I suggest you buy a gun and call 911

17. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Hmmm? There are a few things i would like to say. First the term "Unrated" doesnt mean that a title of PG is gone away because, it is the long unbleeped version. It is somthing that you should look into before purchasing movies that you may find offensive. I remember when i was 10 my nanny bought me an Adam Sandler cassett tape, and it had "parental advisory" she bought it for me because she thought that it meant that it was reccommended... well it didnt. As far as the Taladega Nights: the Ballad of Ricky Bobby being nasty... i admit the there was 4 scenes i could have gone without, and they were all scenes with public display of affection, to keep the board from getting dirty. aside from that the language. language. Why do words mean different things to different cultures? i know that since i am from Texas, and my Dad Pittsburgh, Pa, that if i were to walk into a bar here in Texas look at the Bar tender and ask him for a gumband, there might be a chance that i would lose some teeth. I remember a story that my mom told me, that back in the 70's she took her friend from church to go see a movie. My mom snuck her in, paid though, to a R Rated movie. I mean her Dad was livid!!! Then when i was 4 we bought the same movie, Young Frankenstein. Profanity, what is profanity is it the 7 words you cant say on TV, Profanity is anything said or done that causes offense. I know some people that the word Butt or stupid are punishible by grounding and washing out their mouth with soap. Profanity is what ever we make it. In conclusion, there are many movies that get labled as bad movies some for too much language and some because there isnt enough. If for everything we are going to do that there is a risk of offense, we study, research, then decide it will all work out.

18. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Now that is sane advice,From a master chief.

19. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I did watch it with my 13 yr old daughter and 10 yr old son we all laughed. Does that make me a bad parent?

20. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just plain funny.... don't take offense to it. If you fall into the demograhpic that this movie portays.... well, look at it this way. If you can't laugh at yourself some of us would have no sense of humor at all.