taking the plunge

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by gtva, Jun 10, 2008.

1. gtva

gtva Member

State:
    Bassett, VA
    If no hiccups develop in the financing, I should have a boat by next weekend. Carolina Skiff 17DLX with 60hp Yamaha 4 stroke. Nice basic reliable boat ready to be outfitted as I see fit, instead of the packages most companies offer. Should be fishing it by July if work allows.
    Later, Greg

2. TScottW99

TScottW99 New Member

State:
    NRV, VA
    Congrats!! :big_smile: Hope to get me a boat one day. Enjoy it and catch lot's of fish.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Wish ya nothin but the best with it. The fixin it up part will never end.:wink:

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    You will have a ball with that Boat. 60 4 stroke is super economical to run with high gas prices. I have a 60 on my Lund. I can catfish all day running 20 miles and only burn about 4 gallons. If you drag her to the James this winter after deer season goes out, let me know and I will put you on some good spots. The 16 is plenty of boat above Hopewell and there are plenty of big fish to be caught:big_smile:

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Truer words were never spoken!!!!:smile2:

A boat is just a hole in the water to pour your money in. But its all good. The enjoyment you get is well worth the massive hemmoraghing of cash.:smile2:

You'll have LOTS of new 'buddies'.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. gtva

gtva Member

State:
    Bassett, VA
    hope this works, haven't posted pics before
    Greg

Attached Files:

7. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Having a boat is great, it does provide a lot of freedom to move around and is pretty damn fun to have(for the most part)